Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Items that need to be picked up from the ground need better visibility.

by TKMcClone

Original Post

Items that need to be picked up from the ground need better visibility.

★★★ Guide

I know that the desire for a mini-map has been brought up a few times. But, that green directional locator is terrible and frustrating when there are many objects to pick up.

Please find a way to highlight the yellow bomb canisters, dead lancers and shaper objects.

The shaper components have a shaft of light on them, why can't all quest related items light up when you are close.

The NPCs create a ton of confusion on the ground, making it very frustrating to find objects.

It's would also be helpful to do the same light shaft highlight on collectibles (notes etc).

Message 1 of 24 (322 Views)

Re: Items that need to be picked up from the ground need better visibility.

★★★★ Novice

Better yet we don't have to pick them up at all, they are automatically added to our inventory on the post game screen.  Picking them up is annoying and it's too easy to miss things.  

Message 2 of 24 (319 Views)

★★★ Guide

@djashen wrote:

Better yet we don't have to pick them up at all, they are automatically added to our inventory on the post game screen.  Picking them up is annoying and it's too easy to miss things.  

I was referring to quest related items not loot.

Ie, pick up the yellow bomb and take it to the weapon crates.

But, yeah, I worry about missing loot items as well, mostly due to timers. However, loot does have decent visibility by comparison to quest items.

Message 3 of 24 (303 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well if referring to quest items then yes I wholeheartedly agree.  Especially when they are on different vertical levels than you are.

Message 4 of 24 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't find that little radar thing too bad.

It tells you which direction it's in, it tells you if it's higher or lower than your where you're looking and it tells you when you're in the right area.

Sure, the highlights would be nice, but I really don't see this as a major issue.

I would like loot to automatically go to your post game screen though.  As a Storm, I really hate having to land and pick up items.  I can't do my job if I'm on the ground, looking for litte purple/orange/yellow things.

Message 5 of 24 (270 Views)

★ Guide

I wish the radar would show diagonally.  As for picking quest junk up, i agree.  All you can do is wander around until your on top of the item, then look for the button prompt.  If you hapoen to be right ontop of it the prompt can be hard to see.

I don't mind the artifact items.  The simple ones do suck if they're under water though.

The pick up and carry ones you can see from a mile away.

Message 6 of 24 (233 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LegendaryIII wrote:

I wish the radar would show diagonally.  As for picking quest junk up, i agree.  All you can do is wander around until your on top of the item, then look for the button prompt.  If you hapoen to be right ontop of it the prompt can be hard to see.

I don't mind the artifact items.  The simple ones do suck if they're under water though.

The radar gives you all the information you need.

There are 3 lines in the radar, which show you how far away the item is.

Obviously the direction of those 1-3 lines show you the direction.

There's a little triangle/circle in the middle of the radar which shows you if you need to look up, down or at the same level as you.  

So if you have 1 line pointing south, and a little triagle with the pointy end up, then you're a long way away, and you need to go south and up a bit to find your item

If you have 3 lines pointing north, and a circle, then you know you just need to go north a bit and you should find what you're after.

When it's a circle, and the lines are circles you're in the right spot - Look down at your feet, you're probably standing on it.

The Triangle also changes when you move your camera, so you can use your camera view to see which direction you should go.

Message 7 of 24 (204 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SuperBadPixelMan wrote:

@LegendaryIII wrote:

The radar gives you all the information you need.

There are 3 lines in the radar, which show you how far away the item is.

Obviously the direction of those 1-3 lines show you the direction.

There's a little triangle/circle in the middle of the radar which shows you if you need to look up, down or at the same level as you.  

So if you have 1 line pointing south, and a little triagle with the pointy end up, then you're a long way away, and you need to go south and up a bit to find your item

If you have 3 lines pointing north, and a circle, then you know you just need to go north a bit and you should find what you're after.

When it's a circle, and the lines are circles you're in the right spot - Look down at your feet, you're probably standing on it.

The Triangle also changes when you move your camera, so you can use your camera view to see which direction you should go.

Yeah, I'm saying that's not sufficient in the heat of combat. All the flashing lights and explosions make things difficult to spot on the ground.

Message 8 of 24 (168 Views)

★★ Guide

I think an outline on interactables would be excellent.  Perhaps the outline shines through objects within a certain range.  It doesn't have to be all intereactables, I fully understand if Bioware wants the keep the scavenger hunt feel of the many many many scavenger hunt missions it has, but for things like explosive barrels, downed lancers, and so on.  Maybe some sort of 'x-ray' component that gives us this outline on all intereactables if we choose to equip it.

Message 9 of 24 (148 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TKMcClone wrote:

Yeah, I'm saying that's not sufficient in the heat of combat. All the flashing lights and explosions make things difficult to spot on the ground.

I get what you're saying, but personally I've never had an issues with that.  It's not too hard to find stuff on the ground once you work out the radar.

Message 10 of 24 (139 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help