It takes 5 missiles to kill a helo?

by Random-541645

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It takes 5 missiles to kill a helo?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I fired a player guided missile at the moving helo, hit the helo and it does 20 damage.

In BF4 for the longest time that would kill a helo. It was a skillshot. You got rewarded for skill.

But I guess pilots have to be invincible now.

This game is ruined by the vehicles. Grossly overpowered. Helos should die to 1 non lock on missile. Tanks should be disabled with a rear shot. Killed with 2. 

BF4 had the right balancing. Go back to that. Stop fluffing pilots!

Message 1 of 6 (413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It takes 5 missiles to kill a helo?

★★★★★ Pro

@Random-541645 wrote:

Try again in six days.   The 3.2 class restructure will bring buffed anti-vehicle launchers. 

I'm guessing the Dev's will use BF4 as the baseline for vehicle/anti-vehicle balance.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Random-541645 What heli? None take 5 except maybe the Hind, however they can have wrenchers that will make it a grind to take them down. A Hind with 2 repair players and auto heal… well it’s nigh impossible to take them out. Takes two to three shooters, and some luck to splash them. There’s many posts on that topic.
Message 2 of 6 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

It did 20 damage and I assume like in previous games you need 100 to blow it up. 100/20 = 5.

I was having fun until I ran into the helos and you cannot kill them. Absolutely stupid balancing. Another year of playing BF1 it is!

Message 3 of 6 (395 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Random-541645 wrote:

Try again in six days.   The 3.2 class restructure will bring buffed anti-vehicle launchers. 

I'm guessing the Dev's will use BF4 as the baseline for vehicle/anti-vehicle balance.

Message 4 of 6 (389 Views)

★★ Expert
@Random-541645 The feedback from the game is a bit confusing, you don't do 20 points of damage, you get 20xp.
Damage is a combination of destroyed armor and maybe damage to subsystems (track, engine, rotor).
Message 5 of 6 (318 Views)

★★ Pro

It takes 4 missiles to down a vehicle that isnt a small vehilce (bug copter,bolte etc)

if you hit it with 5

1. They had seats with people fixing damage
  2. They had a repair bot equipped
  3. you took more then 8 seconds to hit the vehicle and Borg Regeneration started

Message 6 of 6 (218 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help