Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: It's not the design of the guns that sucks - it is the low damage vs. gear.

by Jonny_Castilloux

Original Post

@Pelon56  thanks for that...it's an excellent idea and easy enough to add I suppose. Personally I like using guns and as I play a Ranger most of the time, I agree with MAGA the guns purpose is really to prime rather than to kill and it's a pity to have to change to a colossus to be more at ease in GM3.

It would add a variety of play style we don't have any more and we could go back to using guns we liked in lower levels...

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 11 of 13 (335 Views)

★★★ Pro

I rarely use my guns in GM3.  I simply carry them for the inscription bonuses.  Some help - Ralners Blaze for a prime to combo and boost my ultimate, but that was about it.  There's a Ranger component that boosts gun damage 30% , or it could be a generic component, but that doesn't make much of a difference.

I liked the Jarras glitch lmao!

Message 12 of 13 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think it is good that @TheReal_USA_MAGA tries to re-initiate the damage balancing discussion.

However, we should really be clear about the topic. It is important to distinguish

• Weapon damage (incl Melee?)
  • Gear damage (incl procs)
  • AGS damage: Combos, ultis, effects

As I read the title, you refer to the first two, which currently appear to be reasonably well balanced. 

As I read the introduction and discussion, I really think you guys actually mean the damage that scales with your average gear score (AGS).

And of course that outclasses weapon and gear damage in most end game scenarios. Though, weapon damage can be superior in certain situations. 

I get the impression that it would be more interesting to discuss the balancing of AGS damage. Maybe I will open a topic with a suggestion how this could be done.

(Off topic:  I don’t think this is a good way to present your ideas... „this sucks, because, it’s not fun... other games do this and that... now you guys must do this. Because it is easy to do. Asap.“ The next day: “Uninstalled. Since I am gone, you can now shut down all servers.“ You may have something relevant to say, but it easily gets lost in the way you communicate.)

Message 13 of 13 (269 Views)
Twitter Stream