Re: It's not fun any more!

by svdljst

Original Post

It's not fun any more!

★★★★★ Novice

For me NFSNL reached the point where I decided to delete it most likely forever. It reached such an intolerable level of annoyance that I don't want to waste my time on it any more. I spent years collecting BPs and event cars but I think it's over now for several reasons.

1) Events are not fun any more! They are not challenging but outright impossible in almost every case. PR requirement are waaaaaay too high. I reached the last race in the Jaguar event but because of random luck I couldn't reach the PR required. I had about 60k credits but the events and the store never dropped the parts I needed. I could have bought about 10 parts for my ECU that I didn't need any more, but I couldn't find any turbo parts in the store and the races only dropped cash or nitro parts.

I won't even speak about the ridiculousness of some of the races like the ones where you have to pass nitro zones in corners almost impossible to take with nitro (but you fail the event if you don't) or when you have to race cars clearly out of your league.

2) Devs refuse to fix the simplest bug for years: The game randomly freezes up. Why this sucks? Because you lose progress that way! If you started to load a BRR race? You did not cross the finish line, you lost. If it froze midrace? You didn't finish the race, you lost. If you won the race but freezes before the stupid animation rolls down? You lost!!!!

The same goes for limited time events. If the game freezes up wien you load a race, when you in the race, when you just won the race, you will lose the ticket and does not progress! It would be extremely simple to fix this bug! REMOVE THE TICKET AFTER THE RACE, not when you started it!!!!

3) BRR is pointless. At least in the beta we got some rewards for performing well in BRR. But what we get now? Nothing. They don't even reset the tables after one event is over, so some Chinese players are fixed in the top of the table and they will never be dropped from there. You wanna challenge them? Fine but as they also keep collecting points, you will never catch up with them.

4) Collecting cars is pointless. You have so many cars and you can't use them for anything. The old weekly challenge was great because it made you use all of your cars sometimes. Wh did they have to remove it? Not to mention that you can not collect all the BPs for event cars for obvious reasons.

5) Cars are ridiculous. Seriously ridiculous. We are supposed to compete for a Jaguar, that is supposed to be in par with Ferraris and Lambos. By the way, did you know that the Ferrari F40 supercar is nowhere near in performance compared to any car you can buy in the closet Mercedes/Volskwagen/Ford store? Suuuuure........ I would rather see some old junks like the Toyota AE86. That was dead slow but it was fine. Now the whole balance is just messed up with random numbers assigned to cars.

6) Devs completely ignore player complaints and stopped fixing bugs. The increasing difficulty of the event is a complaint for a year and they keep increasing it. The freezing issue is there for even longer and if anything, it gets WORSE with every patch or new version. And they gave us BRR, a badly balanced, badly developed and overall boring and pointless feature we use only for the bimonthly BPs for the McLaren but otherwise everyone hates it. And the devs don't give a damn about it.

There are only a few things that should be done to make this game fun again, but it seems that the devs don't care about it any more so why should I?

Message 1 of 13 (6,497 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi. I don't see anyone from supporting team to answer our questions ......  How it is work???? we can't solve some problems without there help.......

Message 2 of 13 (6,448 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Agree totally!!! Also ghost revivals in online its sucks. Many many cheaters too.
Message 3 of 13 (6,421 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Fun? This is supposed to be fun? I vaguely remember this game being fun back when I started playing in 2015. Since then there have been many changes, some good, some not so much. While I still like the game and will continue to play for a while longer, mostly I find it boring and tedious. There are just a few more goals I would like to accomplish. Here I list some of my opinions:

1) pay to win. Or more specifically, In app purchases. I have mixed feelings about this. As a free to play game, without spending any money, I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Too much tedium for little or no gain, bla, bla, bla. I also feel the developers should make a reasonable profit for their work. Naturally there is nothing reasonable about any of the prices of any of the available purchases in this game. This leads me to much anger and dissatisfaction. And lots of unfun. I have spent most of 2017 being incredibly angry and disappointed with Firemonkeys. Now I realize the real problem may be EA. It seems that things similar to most of the things that really suck in this game are being applied to other EA releases from other developers, and causing some problems. Yessss!

2) No real reason changes? What happened to takedowns? Takedowns were one of the truly fun aspects of this game. Now what you get is difficult cop cars and idiot opponents. Not hard to win, just boring.

Why the change from underground to campaign? No other changes, just a name change. Politically  correct?

The black market. Originally the black market was fairly affordable and somewhat useful. Then at some point it changed and became ridiculously over priced and effectively  useless. With the most recent change it has become really cool, maybe even useful, but still way over priced.

Blackridge Rivals. I appreciate the idea behind rivals. I do believe rivals is a slight improvement over tournaments. But that is only because tournaments really really sucked. Rivals still really sucks. I find it interesting the developers essentially have to offer bribes (blueprints) to get most people to participate. I know I wouldn't run rivals otherwise. Nothing else worthwhile to offer.

3) goals. I only have a few goals for this game. I imagine most people playing have similar goals, but I  don't know. The first goal is to have fun. I don't really see that as a possibility for the immediate future. Maybe in a future update? Some things are getting better. The next goal is to get all cars upgraded as much as possible. Getting fairly close with that. Goal 3 is closely related to goal 2. I would like to get to a point where all I have to do is upgrade NEW cars and run the dailies. Essentially that is all the time I want to spend on this or any other one game. Then I could decide if I want to continue playing. The racing should be good, but at this point it is depressing, mind-numbing and tedious.

Message 4 of 13 (6,322 Views)

★★★★ Guide

like he said!

Message 5 of 13 (6,317 Views)

★ Novice
Hey man! It is not fun to play any game in the market nowadays without spending any money. Especially this game, you have to spend huge amount of money to max out your car in a short time. You will need a lot of time to max out your car if you don't spend any money.
Message 6 of 13 (6,308 Views)

@Kapucinus wrote:

3) BRR is pointless. At least in the beta we got some rewards for performing well in BRR. But what we get now? Nothing. They don't even reset the tables after one event is over, so some Chinese players are fixed in the top of the table and they will never be dropped from there. You wanna challenge them? Fine but as they also keep collecting points, you will never catch up with them.

@Kapucinus No one has a high SP score after each season.

Once each season is over, everyone with Icon I, Icon II, Icon III ranks resets to Icon I with 4500 SP. That includes everyone in the Top 200 leaderboard.

Everyone with Champion I, Champion II, Champion III ranks resets to Champion I.

And so on.

The reason why the CHN crew members and GearTop crew members keep getting SP is they are consistently winning races. They are winning more races than they lose.

Also if you are really high on the leaderboard, you would gain so little SP (1 SP or even 0 SP for winning) for every win and lose 45 SP for just one loss. Reason is majority of players have a lower SP score than them.

@Kapucinus wrote:

6) Devs completely ignore player complaints and stopped fixing bugs.

@loukteo wrote:

Hi. I don't see anyone from supporting team to answer our questions ......  How it is work???? we can't solve some problems without there help.......

@loukteo Devs are busy developing the game for us, so they don't have the time to read stuff on forums.

The people that read stuff on forums are the community managers.

They read players' feedback and pass it to the devs. Afterwards, the devs give information to the community managers and then the community managers gives the information to us.

Players > Community Managers > Devs

Devs > Community Managers > Players

There are no Firemonkeys community managers here.

However, there are Answers HQ community managers here. They gather information here and pass it to the devs.

There is a Firemonkeys community manager in NFS No Limits reddit.

However, that subreddit is NOT an official EA forum. Its intended use is to have game discussions.

Link: NFS No Limits Reddit

@Kapucinus wrote:

And they gave us BRR, a badly balanced, badly developed and overall boring and pointless feature we use only for the bimonthly BPs for the McLaren but otherwise everyone hates it.

The people in NFS No Limits reddit and NFS No Limits G+ don't tend to hate Blackridge Rivals. Take a look of some of their posts.

Link 1: NFS No Limits Reddit

Link 2: NFS No Limits G+

I think I'm the only one here that doesn't hate Blackridge Rivals.

@svdljst wrote:

1) pay to win. Or more specifically, In app purchases. I have mixed feelings about this. As a free to play game, without spending any money, I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Too much tedium for little or no gain, bla, bla, bla. I also feel the developers should make a reasonable profit for their work. Naturally there is nothing reasonable about any of the prices of any of the available purchases in this game. This leads me to much anger and dissatisfaction. And lots of unfun. I have spent most of 2017 being incredibly angry and disappointed with Firemonkeys. Now I realize the real problem may be EA. It seems that things similar to most of the things that really suck in this game are being applied to other EA releases from other developers, and causing some problems. Yessss!

@HongKongRacer wrote:
Hey man! It is not fun to play any game in the market nowadays without spending any money. Especially this game, you have to spend huge amount of money to max out your car in a short time. You will need a lot of time to max out your car if you don't spend any money.

@svdljst and @HongKongRacer You can thank the Asian market for this.

There are two kinds of players:

1. Players that despise games with pay2win elements (notably North American players and European players)

2. Players that love games with pay2win elements (notably Asian players)

NFS No Limits is a worldwide mobile racing game, so the game has to cater to both players of the spectrum.

However, this can NOT ever be done when one side of the players hates pay2win while the other side of the players loves pay2win.

So the developers are at an impasse at this situation.

However, I think the devs are going to please the Asian players with their love of pay2win while pushing away North American and European players.

@svdljst wrote:

2) No real reason changes? What happened to takedowns? Takedowns were one of the truly fun aspects of this game. Now what you get is difficult cop cars and idiot opponents. Not hard to win, just boring.

Takedowns still exist in the game.

It's just a lot harder to take out opponents after Blackridge Rivals implementation way back in September 2016.

@svdljst wrote:

Blackridge Rivals. I appreciate the idea behind rivals. I do believe rivals is a slight improvement over tournaments. But that is only because tournaments really really sucked. Rivals still really sucks. I find it interesting the developers essentially have to offer bribes (blueprints) to get most people to participate. I know I wouldn't run rivals otherwise. Nothing else worthwhile to offer.

Well, I would still play Blackridge Rivals races if there weren't any rewards in the first place.

I would rather race real players' ghosts than AIs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 13 (6,155 Views)

★★ Pro

It needs more improvement and I am not joking!! I really hated to see what just happened now in the new updates in this game. It is so boring and I would only just play Asphalt 9 or Real Racing 3. This game has too many micro transactions and ads. You need to be VIP 2 and adults can only do this. even buying gold. And in my opinion, You need at least 7,000 - 13,000 gold for an event which will take months to do this and these events may be too difficult for kids to complete cause they can't purchase gold themselves and risk their time and effort doing this. And the events may only be recommended if adults play it cause they could purchase gold since they have a credit card. Also that is why people blames EA because why did EA even publish this game by Firemonkeys even it is not good as well?? Besides, this game is not like other interesting Need For Speed games cause NFS No Limits just focused all about requirements and upgrades instead of racing and that is why the tracks are short. while in Heat, Most Wanted and Payback are mostly focused on racing. So I am just going to play NFS Heat since I have one in PS4 which is more interesting and I think Ghost games is better than you Firemonkeys!!!!!!!!!!! It started all that people hate EA because of you!!!!!

Message 8 of 13 (5,536 Views)

★★ Pro

YOU MADE US FEEL SOOOO BAD FIREMONKEYS!!!!!! I AM VERY ANGRY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT PLAYING THIS UNLESS THERE IS BETTER IMPROVEMENT IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!! WISH THIS GAME DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!! 😥😥😥😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Message 9 of 13 (5,529 Views)

★★ Pro

DON'T YOU SEE EVERYONE IS MAD AT YOU EVEN IN YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 13 (5,528 Views)