It's almost Oct, and still no patch...

by CantGetRight

Original Post

It's almost Oct, and still no patch...

★ Expert

This gave me a chuckle when reading it.  It's from back in 2005 and was talking about BF2.  Reminds me of a certain forum here.  This was when BF2 was first released.

thought the patch was supposed to come out in August? 

DELAYED TILL SEPTEMBER

- EA Games

I thought the patch was supposed to come out in September?

DELAYED FOREVER CAUSE WE LIKE TO SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY PEOPLE GAVE US FOR THIS GAME WHEN WE KNOW THERE ARE THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED, BUT WHO CARES?  THEY ALREADY BOUGHT IT, LOL LOL! 

- EA Games

I wish there was a mutiny button for EA Games.  They need to get their act together and finish what they start!

Anyone know the inside scoop?  When the heck is this thing going to come out?

Sadly EA and Battlefield2 has lost my allegiance.  I don't care if the patch is being released today.  The whole game has already be ruined because of their indifference. Sometime in Aug. I decided "ill just wait for the patch before I continue playing." It was probably only a week or two till it was comming out anyway. Well, a couple months later, im done waiting, f-um! If they don't care about me and the money I gave them, Thats fine. There are Thousands upon thousands of games released every year and im certain that ill find another that is just as much fun, and I wont have to deal with all this crap. I don't think I would ever buy another EA product again

https://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1863

Message 1 of 8 (385 Views)

Re: It's almost Oct, and still no patch...

★ Expert
@CantGetRight why does there always have to be a patch after the game is sold for it to be balanced and work properly out of the box?

I do hear ya but the problem is why does this always occur with EA/Dice releases?

And to add, different employees. I would even say a more superior group than today's Dice. We were getting close to peak BF not long after that timeframe.
Message 2 of 8 (369 Views)

★ Expert
@ghinavirus I guess that is the way DICE rolls. Really my point being is that people were saying the same thing about DICE back then as they are now and look how popular BF2 came to be. I actually just played a round of Karkand just now on BF2.
Message 3 of 8 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

DICE is the slowest out of all the games to patch major issues - they take forever for some reason. 

Message 4 of 8 (352 Views)

★ Expert

These were my actual BF2 stats back in the day.  I was never that great of a player.  Such fond memories.

https://www.bf2hub.com/stats/43402794

Message 5 of 8 (347 Views)

★ Expert
@CantGetRight Oh I agree its always the same song and dance where we have accepted a not polished product at launch with EA/Dice
Message 6 of 8 (338 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ghinavirus I think people just came to accept it because of how ambitious it’s always been. Kind of like fallout and Skyrim. It got to the point where nobody expected them to release without bugs but they write it off because they think it’s impossible to make a game that big without them.
Message 7 of 8 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@psmsk8er You guys miss the point. We are playing the second open beta, the real launch is maybe 7 december when next big patch releases 🤣
Message 8 of 8 (160 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help