Re: It's Too Bumpy

by KazeNoSokudo

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Michael_Rush There are lot of things wrong with physics in this game. This isn't a racing simulator. It's an arcade racing game. Meaning, it's supposed to bend the rules of physics here and there. Losing a race over something as uncontrollable as riding over a bump, shouldn't exist. You should lose a race from having a slower car, face-planting corners, drifting improperly, drifting too much, not racing on the road provided and getting sent flying from the road provided. Especially when most of the time, those "bumps" aren't visible. You just magically get thrown in the air. For the visible hills, like going up ramps, and huge hills, I expect to fly, but I'm flying on straight, flat roads.
Message 11 of 31 (481 Views)

★★ Guide
@Michael_Rush I think you should check out the crew race inside the oval, right next to where you start at. Go around to the left, come back around almost to where the start/finish line is, get up on top of the buildings there and maybe you'll hit the invisible pixel I keep hitting. I land the car flat, go about 10 feet, then get slung off like I crashed into something. it's happened once every time I've done the race. 3 out of 4 times it was the first time on the buildings, the 4th time it was the second time when you go to start a new lap or finish the event. Still set an alright time, but it would've been better if I hadn't magically flipped off the building and slammed into a pillar whilst using my nitrous trying to go faster......
Message 12 of 31 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 13 of 31 (461 Views)

★ Guide
@JesIsJusSmoove Daytime is for driving fast., night is for driving smart.
Message 14 of 31 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GUCCIxADIDAS No. It should stay an arcade racing game. It's one of, if not the only, arcade racing game in 2019 I enjoy that basically has everything I've wanted in an arcade racing game. From the not-so-realistic drfiting and steering to the near-infinite customization. Making it a racing simulator would just make me quit altogether. There are plenty of racing games that are more realistic and less that are truly "arcadic."
Message 15 of 31 (403 Views)

★ Guide
@JesIsJusSmoove so everybody here wants to turn the game on, pull the right trigger and do 630 km/h around hairpin turns am I right?
Message 16 of 31 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 17 of 31 (382 Views)

★★ Guide
@GUCCIxADIDAS Have you ever actually tried to turn the wheel at 300+???
You understeer. Plain and simple.
That this is an arcade racer, means you SHOULD be able to steer better than real life, it's supposed to allow you to feel like a super god when you throw the car into a corner WAY TOO FAST, so that you drift amazingly.
As opposed to Forza, which goes for the realistic approach, where you NEED to slow down well in advance of turns and and drifting is really hard if you only have a light switch like throttle and brake. IE gas/brake are either ON or OFF.
Message 18 of 31 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JesIsJusSmoove Flying on straight, flat roads? Never happened to me. You playing the game on PC or console?
Message 19 of 31 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 20 of 31 (437 Views)