Re: It is all blatantly clear! EA is to blame.

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

It is all blatantly clear! EA is to blame.

★★★ Guide

Since i am terrible at explaining, im just going to drop this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuCZxWZADo

This guy explains everything well and you can clearly see the red line that EA is pulling. Everything from the silence from devs, lack of updates and content. Everything is clearly in line with what EA does. I know this is Respawn... but EA is still pulling the ropes. No matter what they say in their twitter.

"unsustainable corporate greed".

Message 1 of 12 (483 Views)

★★★ Expert

Link says video is unavailable.

Message 2 of 12 (469 Views)

★ Novice

EA acts like a predictable robot in a capitalistic system. When a bad system rewards greed and exploitation, then thats gonna happen. If EA disappears the shareholders will buy stocks in another company and force the same thing, and so it goes. It is alot easier to put blame on insignificant things though, and respond to what I write with strawmans, defending capitalism.

Message 3 of 12 (463 Views)

★★★ Guide

Maybe game dev's should just set up on their own.

what is then need for a middle man?

Message 4 of 12 (455 Views)

★★★ Guide
Weird, works fine for me. Anyone else having the same issue?

@SMESON i totally agree with you. If the shareholders represent a majority of the company they can put a lot of pressure on it, turning it into a failing cash cow like EA. It's all about getting that fast money and move on. At every one else expense.

But if the shareholders represent a minority of the ownership they don't have the same leverage.
Message 5 of 12 (454 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SMES0N wrote:

EA acts like a predictable robot in a capitalistic system. When a bad system rewards greed and exploitation, then thats gonna happen. If EA disappears the shareholders will buy stocks in another company and force the same thing, and so it goes. It is alot easier to put blame on insignificant things though, and respond to what I write with strawmans, defending capitalism.

Can we please refrain from turning this thread into the communist manifesto.

Under that system games wouldn't be there to begin with, and we'd be busy hauling a wheel barrel full of cash to the store for a loaf of bread.

Message 6 of 12 (440 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Balzano wrote:
Weird, works fine for me. Anyone else having the same issue?

@SMESON i totally agree with you. If the shareholders represent a majority of the company they can put a lot of pressure on it, turning it into a failing cash cow like EA. It's all about getting that fast money and move on. At every one else expense.

But if the shareholders represent a minority of the ownership they don't have the same leverage.

Looks like game studio's need to call Mark Zuckerberg for tips.

That man is the company CEO, President, and Majority shareholder all at the same time.

His word is law at Facebook HQ, and his alone.

Message 7 of 12 (431 Views)

★★★ Guide

Actually facebook is a cia experiment and he is just the face of it. 

His uncle is head of the cia.

Message 8 of 12 (424 Views)

Message 9 of 12 (418 Views)

★ Novice

@Wingmannedbro 

You just proved my first post. Thank you, I did knew already that some people believe innovations to be possible only in a capitalistic society, yet most truly lifechanging innovations was created outside of that influence.

I love democracy, and I think democracy should exist where people work aswell. The developers deserve as much say in decisions as the shareholders, as they are the people making everything possible. The workers create marvelous things, the owners create nothing.

Message 10 of 12 (396 Views)