Re: It happens in all games but WHEW

by JoJo_DeBlahhh

Original Post

It happens in all games but WHEW

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have thick skin, I don't get shaken up by random people online 'usually'.

Tonight was the worst night for me in Apex, 6 games almost in a row there was someone flaming me before the game even started because my rookie card shows only "1 kill"

It was just too much tonight. I ain't shaking or whatever but like- damn that kills the experience one after the other after the other. 

Yeah I suck. Yeah I'm a noob . I'm not going to get better if I don't practice its as simple as that.  There's no where else for me to practice- the tutorial will not help me get better. 

Its one thing to get frustrated like mid battle or whatever. This is just like: @_@ chill bro. 

Message 1 of 36 (952 Views)

★ Guide
Personally as long as you work as a team IDGAF if you're a noob, its just a game so as long as you're not actively trying to * the squad (soloers) you're all good in my book, gotta learn somehow and playing with better people than yourself is the best way t learn, its all about having a bit of fun anyway, some people just take things too seriously.

That being said I'd still really like to see some Elo matchmaking in the game just to balance things out, some skill gap is cool but if its huge it just makes for an unbalanced game and you cant blame the players for that.

Also remember that the people judging you by your stats card are noobs because they haven't played enough to realise the stats card tells you next to nothing about how good the player actually is Wink
Message 2 of 36 (929 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What system you on?

Message 3 of 36 (924 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am on PC

Message 4 of 36 (893 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Unfortunately I see this all too often, wenever I play with my older bro who doesn't nearly have as much time to play as me (but he's played more FPS games than I have...)

We need an in-game report system for teammates (if there is one, please, someone, point it out to me).

Message 5 of 36 (888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

An option to be matched with people of similar skill level "if available" would help too I think. But that might be too tricky to make.

Message 6 of 36 (881 Views)

Hey @MatchaRose 

I'm sorry you experience this kind of harassment in-game.

It's not done that you get harnessed by your skill or just in general.

These players should get reported and actioned.

You can find all information about reporting here.

You can also mute people by:

• Open your inventory.
  • Go to section 2 (Squad).
  • Click the mute icon on each player to mute them.

It's okey to be noob, we were all noobs in the beginning.Embarrassed

If you are looking for some friendly players to play with have a look here:Find A Squad. or feel free to add me!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 36 (873 Views)

Keyboard warriors, e peen comparing lol. I'm sure if you revived one of them mid match they would change their voice towards you.
Also how did they know that you didn't have 1000 kills with another character?

I use three or four characters so my kills in pre game lobby will always look less than if someone only used one, a lot of people choose one character and try and get as many kills with he/She as possible to boost their ego.
Message 8 of 36 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I intentionally hid my level (use the heart picture) and showed only 0 kills on all of my other legends before playing them. I haven't ran into situations like you describe even a single time (all of my legends have 40+ kills by now). Where do you manage to find all those people? I can't even manage to do that when that's my goal o.O. Is that an NA thing or sth (I'm EU)?

Message 9 of 36 (863 Views)

★ Guide

thats why i made a Topic few days ago  about having different game lobbies . 

lobby for Rookie players,  (level 1 - 20 ) 

lobby for intermediate player   level 20  - 60

lobby for pro  level 60 + 

Message 10 of 36 (851 Views)