Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Is using the build in crosshair in your monitor cheating.

by full951

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@OneEyeYarric No, crosshairs should be an option that you can edit, similar to other games where crosshairs are present. In the case where the crosshair is non-existent on purpose because of a game or mode, then, yes, adding a crosshair would be considered "cheating".
Message 11 of 14 (111 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Jem450R wrote:

@warslag wrote:

People will have an opinion on whether it's cheating or not and then they will also argue over whether it's covered in the Terms of Service.

I think it's a form of cheating more so in game where there is no crosshair such as hardcore mode. I also believe a case could be made for it being covered by the ToS.

My monitor has this feature and also an also a "Blue Light Filter". I assume both of these features were intended for use with BF3 which had both hardcore mode and "blue tint".

I've actually got one of my monitor's crosshairs on while I'm typing this and I think it looks ridiculous to be honest. It's like something from a Star Wars arcade game in the 1980s. Nerd

Blue light filter actually reduces eye strain, i had a corneal ulcer and had to use the filter on my phone, tv etc or my eye would hurt after 10 seconds.

Thanks for the info. Standard smile

I do not work for EA. I'm a volunteer. Angel

If my post was helpful or contained useful information please give XP. Wizard

If my post was very helpful or answered your question 'Accept as Solution'. 

Message 12 of 14 (105 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

I'd say no as well.

I'm sure it does help a bit when hip firing, cause in apex, there no option to change the size, colour or brightness of that little mini gray dot.

Like sb just stated, you already have cross hairs when ADSing (or running with pathfinder), but not when hip firing.

Heart

Message 13 of 14 (90 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Its not chesring, but it's not allowed in tournament play. So use it if you want. If your monitor doesn't have that feature you can alays put a small stickee or something on your screen 

Message 14 of 14 (58 Views)
Twitter Stream