Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Is this the end of Respawn?

by AzGoshawk
Reply

Original Post

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I cannot speak for PC, but on console where the cheating is not happening, I'd say Apex and Respawn will continue. Weather Apex dies on PC is another issue, but as I do my rounds, I watch streamers complaining of cheaters and bad servers in PubG and H1Z1, awful gameplay in Fortnite to name a few. Nobody is playing BFV on PC. Apex is not on it's own in terms of issues on PC but you wouldn't think that reading this forum.

 

It's Respawns stubbornness that made MW2 the huge hit it was back in the day. I was there playing in it's heyday. I have faith in them above all others if I'm honest. EA not so much, but Respawn? Yes I have faith in them.

 

 

Message 11 of 32 (170 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★★ Guide

Also, after reading the many cheater issues on PC for many titles, there is no way in the world anybody could convince me to start online gaming on PC. No way.

 

I think that platform is seen as a cheat platform. "If you want to cheat, play PC" kinda mentality.

 

I'll stick to being a console peasant and immediately solve the biggest issue Apex (and many other titles) seem to have. 

Message 12 of 32 (163 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Been there done that and I would rather sacrifice my mouse and keyboard over cheaters any day of the week.

Message 13 of 32 (160 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Silz616 wrote:

Also, after reading the many cheater issues on PC for many titles, there is no way in the world anybody could convince me to start online gaming on PC. No way.

 

I think that platform is seen as a cheat platform. "If you want to cheat, play PC" kinda mentality.

 

I'll stick to being a console peasant and immediately solve the biggest issue Apex (and many other titles) seem to have. 


Maybe because I'm an old guy I like to play with mouse and keyboard, not used to gamepads. 

But you are right, PC platform is a "cheat platform" and thats because isn't controlled by a single entity as is the consoles (Sony/PS4, Microsoft/XBox, ...). Also Windows system has some flaws (memory and security) that allows the injection of code into programs.

 

Keep playing online in consoles because PC gaming is dying, thanks to cheaters.

Message 14 of 32 (155 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

Also, after reading the many cheater issues on PC for many titles, there is no way in the world anybody could convince me to start online gaming on PC. No way.

 

I think that platform is seen as a cheat platform. "If you want to cheat, play PC" kinda mentality.

 

I'll stick to being a console peasant and immediately solve the biggest issue Apex (and many other titles) seem to have. 


Maybe because I'm an old guy I like to play with mouse and keyboard, not used to gamepads. 

But you are right, PC platform is a "cheat platform" and thats because isn't controlled by a single entity as is the consoles (Sony/PS4, Microsoft/XBox, ...). Also Windows system has some flaws (memory and security) that allows the injection of code into programs.

 

Keep playing online in consoles because PC gaming is dying, thanks to cheaters.


You are right. It's the editable platform that causes the issues. Well, it's the players abusing the platform really but.... Yeah.

 

If PC's could be locked down, and what you buy is what you get, you almost eliminate the cheat side of things. It also makes it easier to detect changes to the bought hardware and how it "should be" used.

 

I get that people want better anti cheat, but the platform will always have work arounds as you are dealing open source editable and exploitable platform. For some people to lay this solely on Respawn is not fair imo, and I certainly do not think this is "the end" for them at all.

 

I hope they can resolve the issues for you and others so you can enjoy this game as intended. I'll keep my fingers crossed bud.

Message 15 of 32 (140 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★★★★ Novice

You guys are hilarious.  You do realize that, especially if the game follows other FPS like Battlefield, the PC crowd isn't as big as console right?  And console doesn't have any cheats. 

 

No proof on Apex but on battlefield it's literally 1/3/5 for PC/xb1/PS4.  

Message 16 of 32 (131 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★★★ Apprentice
@BA2VGT

 

Latest Battlefield on PC is infested with cheaters, as a friend said to me, so the compare is relative. 

Message 17 of 32 (118 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★ Apprentice

I wonder if you would still be so proud about your console if you'd get cross-platformed. Even if there was absolutely no cheatingjust facing PC players.

Message 18 of 32 (114 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

★★ Apprentice
Off topic but I wished Respawn made TF3 instead or hope they will in the future. TF2 is so smooth, fun and good connection wise.
Message 19 of 32 (96 Views)

Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Respawn is a game development studio. They are not an anti-cheat company. They are not the police either.

 

It's the players who are cheating. Direct your frustrations at them.


Respawn is a game developer but is also who chooses the best anti-cheat for his game, so it stills his move to solve the cheating problem.

Frustations? Not frustated when I know my PC is too old for this game and waiting for new Ryzen processors to decide which will get to solve my request for primarily work (speed and mutiprocessing).


Anti-cheats only exist because players choose to cheat.


True but anti-cheats exist to make money just like games. Game cheaters exist because is in human nature to cheat, like you say is a question of choosing. 


Anti-cheats do not necessarily exist to make money. They exist because there is a demand for their services. Because players choose to cheat.

 

The purpose of an anti-cheat is not to catch and ban cheats. Its job is to ensure an honest game for honest players. It does that by catching and banning cheats.

 

Using "human nature" to justify cheating is perverse. Raised eyebrow


Isn't perverse, is the reality, just look around, read news and/or see news, the world is full of cheaters. You may be too idealist to not see the reality and, my friend, I hope you don't be a victim of cheaters.

 

"The purpose of an anti-cheat is not to catch and ban cheats. Its job is to ensure an honest game for honest players. It does that by catching and banning cheats."? What? Confusing ...

The purpose of anti-cheat is to catch cheaters and ban cheaters. The purpose of adding an anti-cheat to a game is to "ensure an honest game for honest players". That would be the right sentence

 

Anti-cheat is now a business.

 


The purpose of anti-cheat systems is to keep video games fair for honest players. That is their purpose and why they exist. They keep a game fair by detecting and banning players but also in other ways such as blocking a game from starting when cheats are detected, depending on the system.

 

They make money from the services they provide.

 

I think it's important for people to remember that we are here to play video games, and not to be in a war between gamers and cheats or companies and cheats, or whatever.

 

Honest gaming comes first, an anti-cheat is added to ensure the game is fair and honest for the players, and then the anti-cheat uses whatever methods it can to ensure the game is fair and honest - including detecting and banning cheats.

 

There's the game and the players - and then everything outside the castle walls. The anti-cheat is the gatekeeper keeping the people inside the castle safe.



My name is warslag and I'm a Champion. I do not work for EA. I'm a volunteer.


If my post was helpful or contained useful information please grant me XP ✔


If my post was very helpful please 'Accept as Solution' ✔

Message 20 of 32 (77 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help