Re: Is this the end of Respawn?

by warslag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is this the end of Respawn?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

First, I stoped playing this game more than a month ago but kept reading this forum. Once I wrote that Respawn isn't the devs that would change his path, a kind of "stubborn" devs, that they wouldn't change the anti-cheat even if it fails. Now, the complains about the cheating level reached my expected level and if Respawn don't do any big move against cheaters, it will be end of Respawn.

Message 1 of 32 (1,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro

I don't know about the end of Respawnbut it could very well kill APEX.

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (1,286 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

I don't know about the end of Respawnbut it could very well kill APEX.

Message 2 of 32 (1,287 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Respawn is a game development studio. They are not an anti-cheat company. They are not the police either.

It's the players who are cheating. Direct your frustrations at them.

Message 3 of 32 (1,284 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

Respawn is a game development studio. They are not an anti-cheat company. They are not the police either.

Respawn is a game developer but is also who chooses the best anti-cheat for his game, so it stills his move to solve the cheating problem.

Frustations? Not frustated when I know my PC is too old for this game and waiting for new Ryzen processors to decide which will get to solve my request for primarily work (speed and mutiprocessing).

Message 4 of 32 (1,269 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Respawn is a game developer but is also who chooses the best anti-cheat for his game, so it stills his move to solve the cheating problem.

Frustations? Not frustated when I know my PC is too old for this game and waiting for new Ryzen processors to decide which will get to solve my request for primarily work (speed and mutiprocessing).

Anti-cheats only exist because players choose to cheat.

Message 5 of 32 (1,251 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

True but anti-cheats exist to make money just like games. Game cheaters exist because is in human nature to cheat, like you say is a question of choosing. 

Message 6 of 32 (1,231 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

True but anti-cheats exist to make money just like games. Game cheaters exist because is in human nature to cheat, like you say is a question of choosing. 

Anti-cheats do not necessarily exist to make money. They exist because there is a demand for their services. Because players choose to cheat.

The purpose of an anti-cheat is not to catch and ban cheats. Its job is to ensure an honest game for honest players. It does that by catching and banning cheats.

Using "human nature" to justify cheating is perverse. Raised eyebrow

Message 7 of 32 (1,225 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It won't be the end for me. Hopefully its the end for all the cry babies though. I'm still having fun playing with my squad!
Message 8 of 32 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Anti-cheats do not necessarily exist to make money. They exist because there is a demand for their services. Because players choose to cheat.

The purpose of an anti-cheat is not to catch and ban cheats. Its job is to ensure an honest game for honest players. It does that by catching and banning cheats.

Using "human nature" to justify cheating is perverse. Raised eyebrow

Isn't perverse, is the reality, just look around, read news and/or see news, the world is full of cheaters. You may be too idealist to not see the reality and, my friend, I hope you don't be a victim of cheaters.

"The purpose of an anti-cheat is not to catch and ban cheats. Its job is to ensure an honest game for honest players. It does that by catching and banning cheats."? What? Confusing ...

The purpose of anti-cheat is to catch cheaters and ban cheaters. The purpose of adding an anti-cheat to a game is to "ensure an honest game for honest players". That would be the right sentence

Anti-cheat is now a business.

Message 9 of 32 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@unrealisticblood wrote:
It won't be the end for me. Hopefully its the end for all the cry babies though. I'm still having fun playing with my squad!

"cry babies" is typical from cheaters. Are you a cheater? Oops

Message 10 of 32 (1,185 Views)