Is this good idea for SBMM (skill based matchmaking) ?

by Elamami3440

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is this good idea for SBMM (skill based matchmaking) ?

★★★★★ Guide

Remember that just my opinion give your reply respectfully (means respect me and everyone in the post and respect my idea)

We recently know that SBMM was in the game since launch but actually people complaining about teammates and all the players know that SBMM focusing on KD

So what I have think about SBMM they need to focus on KD and the LEVEL

So people don't like get with teammates who is on low level and they're on high level

My examples for SBMM plan:

From level 1 to level 100 low tier players

From level 100 to 300 mid tier players 

From level 300 to 500 high and mid tier players

When they party up:

Ex: I am lvl 500 and I party up with level 25. u will join to mid tier players

Another Ex: I am lvl 500 I party up with lvl 300 high and mid tier players

I hope u like my idea, if anyone don't understand my suggestion I will explain for him if I have chance😁

Message 1 of 15 (717 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is this good idea for SBMM (skill based matchmaking) ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM @DarthValtrex 

Maybe I rushed a little

Maybe I should think about another thing, right?

Actually I am getting with hard lobbies but that don't stop me for drops 3k and 5k this season

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (630 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Elamami3440 Feel free to read and contribute to the other 1000+ threads relating to SBMM as this has been discussed, extensively.
Message 2 of 15 (706 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM Actually I just have this idea in my mind and decide to share it, why not?
Message 3 of 15 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Elamami3440 You're a guide and should have more than enough experience to know not to create duplicate threads of ideas that have recently or still actively being discussed as it clogs the forums but If you feel you can add to them then i can provide the links if you like.

Bad enough with spammers and multiple alts trying to get their views across or manipulate opinions.
Message 4 of 15 (687 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM I recently make posts and new ideas actually just felt matchmaking is kinda broken and share my idea, I will try to make more if i can
Message 5 of 15 (672 Views)

@Elamami3440 Here are the problem with basing SBMM on level and not the players stats.

The biggest is that level does not equate to skill. The level a person has achieved just means that they have played a ton of rounds and gained ton of XP points. I'm level 500 and probably slightly above average player. I had a friend who is level 238 or so. He is far better than I, he posts 3k games almost nightly.

So if we were to use level as a means to decide a players skill you would have people who are level 500 but only have low skill, being tossed into rounds with other level 500 players who have high skill.

I personally feel like it should be based on a small sampling of stats. Something in the neighborhood of the players last 25-35 games. Average the last 25-35 games and place them in lobbies that of similar skilled players. This will insure players who are having a difficult time are not stuck in high skill lobbies. It will also insure if someone improves greatly they won't be stuck in low skill lobbies destroying people.

Average the teams stats as well. So basically you average the players stats then combine all 3 team members stats together and average those. Then put them into lobbies of similar skill level teams.

Every once in a while I end up in the low skill lobbies. Every time I end up in those lobbies I post 2k damage rounds and just destroy everything I come near, even if I'm solo.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 15 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Elamami3440 I encourage you to share your ideas but give it a quick search before posting as there is probably a thread already covering it.

In the case of SBMM there are loads. :P
Message 7 of 15 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM @DarthValtrex 

Maybe I rushed a little

Maybe I should think about another thing, right?

Actually I am getting with hard lobbies but that don't stop me for drops 3k and 5k this season

Message 8 of 15 (631 Views)

@Elamami3440 Woops accidentally clicked the Accept as solution button. Anyways you’re posting top tier numbers. Best I’ve done is 2200 damage or so. That was literally killing everything I saw that round.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 15 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Feel free to have that finger slip on any of my posts. Wink
Message 10 of 15 (596 Views)