Is this game too difficult for the average gamer?

by fg1985bg

Original Post

Re: Is this game too difficult for the average gamer?

★ Guide

No it is not. People are just awful decision makers. Titanfall 2 had a much higher skill ceiling. Sadly we will never see a Titanfall game again because it is so anti casual. Apex is a much more casual friendly game and that is good for EA because more casuals = more lootboxes.

Message 11 of 32 (1,059 Views)

Hero
@fg1985bg Till they fine tune their sbmm yes it can be fully manipulated and its bad for the new coming player. It is truly un fair to them to be placed even on my team being 500 pred. I am often grouped with level 10 or below sometimes little higher. But finding a 500 random who will join from solo que is quite slim so they just throwing everyone in same lobbies. Which will never gain them new players as no one wants to log on play top apex players when they just made their account....

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 32 (985 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@fg1985bg wrote:
That mentality of “being the last one alive” is one of the things that is ruining the game IMO.

I get that a lot of players like to play in a more aggressive manner, but I can't help but feel somewhat amused everytime someone argues that people who play more passively towards fulfilling the game's sole victory condition are "ruining the game". It's cool and fun to get a lot of kills (or so I've heard ^^'), but "being the last one alive" is literally how you win a match.
Message 13 of 32 (925 Views)

@fg1985bg I don’t think it is, it has a steep learning curve. But if a gamer is willing to grind, they can figure it out and have fun with the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 32 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@fg1985bg maybe for the average gamer today

run heal toggle shoot run heal toggle shoot run heal toggle shoot ;]

if people figure out how to play a br and rotate with their team, depend less on walls, they'll be less afraid to push, there will be more fights, it's not rocket science.
Message 15 of 32 (879 Views)

@fg1985bg not really, with ranked you can make it all the way to plat4 by being a potato and hiding. Then they try to push every third party available which gets the squad killed. Just gotta be smart about when to engage
Message 16 of 32 (841 Views)

@fg1985bg I don't think it is overly difficult,  but it is difficult to become a competent player and requires a lot of practice. Sometimes I have really great games and sometimes it's very frustrating how bad I am.

I prefer to get a bit of kit togeather before embarking on engaging, but it never ceases to amaze me how many prefer to take a chance with a hot drop where I invariably end up having to take on an R99 with a shield cell.

I am a slow looter as I have to think about what to take in the early stages. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 17 of 32 (782 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm gonna level with ya.... My brother is not exactly a "hardcore" gamer, but does enjoy FPS titles such as CoD Warzone. He plays -generally- very well in that game. "Very well" meaning: He's getting a lot of kills and beating opponents in fair shootouts. But in Aex Legends? It's a little different. There's a lot more wiggle room- players able to "dodge" shots very easily, and recover from damage a lot quicker.

If I had to rate myself on Wins/Loses in Apex Legends; I'd say I'm "pretty good". Playing to my own personal strengths -that is. I am NOT a great "quick-draw" shooter like other players though.

It really depends on whether or not your willing to commit maybe? In games like CoD (for example), a very inexperienced player can kill an enemy very easily -simply if the enemy does not have the advantage- or can't see the inexperienced player.

Message 18 of 32 (746 Views)

@7cyanide Yup! This is not Kerbal Space Program!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 32 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I don't even think it's that.

It's simply the fact that about 90+% of Apex playerbase wear velcro shoes and don't know how to breathe through their nose.

Message 20 of 32 (683 Views)