Re: Is this event ''really'' meant to be fun for the players?

by kittypokit

Original Post

Is this event ''really'' meant to be fun for the players?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How can you call something an event only to beg people to open their wallets to give you roughly 162 usd to get the axe that you tease people with? You give us 1 event badge, 30 crowns and 2 packs for playing the game, sick items for a 2 week event! After we reached level 100 you stopped giving us anything of worth so I do not really see why giving us 2 more boxes is something to defend this event with.

What I find exceptionally dirty about this is that you already have the season pass that you also wanted money for, but you put lame looking things in to the season pass and saved the absolute best things in to the Iron Crown event. There is not a single player skin that looks good in the season pass, what is that telling us?

This event is in reality just a way for you to grab more money from players with a large wallet or players with a gambling addiction.

All you did was to finally add more skins to the store, but there is a twist, you made them all cost roughly 10 usd AND do not let us buy what we want, we have to gamble since it is a 1/24 or 1/22 chance that we get what we want. You also still have normal skins in the store and they are just as boring as they were before. Lets say that I want the Centurion skin, are you telling me that I might need to pay 22x700 = 15,400 coins for 1 skin? + 3,500 if I also want the axe.

You have a few good looking skins in the new event boxes. but most of the items are just fill items to allow you to get more money and you can not deny that. 

I really wanted to come back and play this game some more but your business model makes it hard to support this game. I am currently studying and can not afford spending nowhere close to 100+ usd on a game, but your business model is telling me that I either gamble to maybe spend 100+ usd for a skin or 162 usd to get the axe, or spend nothing at all.

You can not tell me that my post is breaking any rules because it is 100% true.
This game is not worth 100+ or 162 usd or whatever, but that is what the players are asked to pay if they want to buy something.

I know that I do not have to buy anything to play this game, but that is not the problem, the problem is that EA is doing this OVER and OVER AGAIN, destroying games that we really like. EA did the exact same bull with Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 and it nearly killed those games. The''non-gamer business people in suits'' that set the prices for EA's greedy in-game stores are trying to grab as much money as they can and they do not care about the players, at all, all they see are dollar-signs when they see somebody registrating to a game.

Sure, you gave the solo players a taste of what they wanted, but the real reason for adding this ''event'' was most likely just a bad excuse to add mega expensive things to the store, why would you otherwise sell each event box for 7x the amount of a normal box? I would bet EA FORCED you to add this event for ''reasons''.

Is this event ''really'' meant to be fun for the players? I think not!

Message 1 of 14 (771 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agree, Don't see anything special about the event for people that's not gonna buy packs..

Message 2 of 14 (720 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Jeeha0 omg, just play the game, Don't like the cost of it DONT BUY IT..
Message 3 of 14 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

''I know that I do not have to buy anything to play this game, but that is not the problem, the problem is that EA is doing this OVER and OVER AGAIN, destroying games that we really like. EA did the exact same bull with Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 and it nearly killed those games.''

Another big problem is that this game has A LOT OF younger players, they are not even allowed to gamble, but this game is all about expensive gambling.

I have gambled a fair amount in and outside of games and this is not a business model in the right direction for a game. They could simply let us buy a skin for 5 usd and it would have been a fairer business model, since it is roughly what each skin would cost if you could buy them separate. People who wanted the axe would spend the whole amount and people that simply wanted a couple of skins could buy whatever they wanted, but apparently that is not good enough.

Message 4 of 14 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't get why they don't work more on creating more new legends than new skins. Every Legend could have "two genders" for example. Same abilites but different looks besides the skin

Message 5 of 14 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could not agree with you more. This game would benefit from some expansion content that is more than just some extravagant skins or limited time event. I personally would be willing to pay upwards of $60 for a new map, and I am sure that I'm not alone. The game-play is very polished and the balancing updates are targeted, which is a big plus. The only problem is that resource allocation for adding content to this game is completely misguided. To be quite honest, these guys are actually leaving money on the table with the way they have structured the cost of things. Its just disappointing...

Message 6 of 14 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Jeeha0
Seems this post is targeted at 'MONETIZATION' and not on the actual event at all. Are you angry over the free content or the price of cosmetics that do not affect gameplay?

Others talk about putting content behind paywalls. What benefit would it do for you as a player to pay $15 for content when 1/1000 players are actually willing to pay for it and you are inevitably stuck with empty servers or 15 minute queues for a normal game?

Message 7 of 14 (598 Views)

Champion

The event i've had no issue with, its mostly just get top 5 finishes and that doesnr impact my play in the slightest.

All angry rants about loot boxes and skins aside, nobody seems to have addressed the issue of the crown store, the only means to spend the crowns we were rewarded with only had one respectable reward which was the wingman skin.

Yet even upon opening your two free crates and completing every challenge....you don't actually have nearly enough crowns to purchase it.  This kinda sucked in my opinion lol.

Had they given us one good grindable reward there might have been a little lil less complaining lol. (Although i doubt that)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 14 (592 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag
All crown currency will be changed to crafting mats after the event is over, so are we really losing out?
Message 9 of 14 (573 Views)

Champion

@kittypokit No you're completely right, but it would have been nice to have something half decent to spend them on rather than a banner or a music pack lol.

An epic weapon or legend skin for example.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 14 (570 Views)