Is this EA servers or actually a hacker?

by DejaOmega

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is this EA servers or actually a hacker?

★★★★★ Newbie

I logged into my EA account for something and saw there is a feature to see my data.

After getting my data which was in JSON format it shown under loginLog some strange location that is not me, basically showing USA.

Hacked account or is this EA servers? I actually can't tell.

It seems the same location with the same ip and post code shows up quite a lot of  times and I doubt the same hacker would log on so many times to find my account has nothing useful, I don't trust companies enough to put sensitive data on my account.

Perhaps it is when playing a game the EA servers are doing something that flags as a login?

Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is this EA servers or actually a hacker?

Community Manager

Hey @DejaOmega for concerns such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (188 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @DejaOmega for concerns such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did that yesterday and customer service secured my account... still getting dodgy entries show from US.

I have 2FA so it should be impossible.

Nobody would have been able to get tokens without me knowing either. I can check through notification logs.

There is a few things that could have caused it, I can't be sure if the data on the JSON download from EA is wrong. or the US log-ons are not really log-ons, but no customer CS is spoke to can tell me what else they could be. I am really hoping it isn't the case that somebody really accessed my account, even after EA secured it, I changed my password and put 2FA on.

From going on from looking on these forums people have had the same issues that people are getting into their accounts even after they set 2FA.

I am lucky in the way my account did not have any sensitive data in it, but I would like to know what these log-ons are, it could be something innocent.

Staff I spoke to assist in securing the account, but they don't look into what caused the entries and I am not sure that is a good thing really.

If it were investigated at a further level it could lead to finding security holes or less confusing JSON files depending on the cause.

What would you think I should do going forward? customer service seem to think they have completed their role in this but I would like an answer what these entries are, perhaps it is something the account developers should actually should look at really.

Message 3 of 4 (170 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DejaOmega we are unable to assist with any account related issues on AHQ.

You will need to direct all such enquiries to our live support team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)