Is there something wrong with Dead Space 2 servers? May 2020

by lutfinator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there something wrong with Dead Space 2 servers? May 2020

★ Novice

I tried accessing Dead Space 2 on PS3 yesterday (May 1, 2020) and as soon as it did the preliminary stuff like setting up trophies, it said there was a problem with EA servers. My connection is fine so was there a server closure or is it some sort of other issue? It was fine all throughout the month of April 2020. Reply on this forum if you noticed this as well or have a possible solution/explanation. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there something wrong with Dead Space 2 servers? May 2020

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @lutfinator. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,368 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @lutfinator. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice
@lutfinator I cant seem to connect eighter on ps3, i don't know whats going on with the servers.
Message 3 of 9 (1,344 Views)

★ Novice

It looks like it's working now as of May 9, 2020. I tried several of the troubleshooting tips but they did not work so I gave up and about a week later I checked again and it connected. @DomeShot236 hopefully it's working for you now as well. Stay safe and healthy. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,243 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's working for you @lutfinator.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,224 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's doing it again, I'm getting the same issue.

Message 6 of 9 (826 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @R0tt3n5au5ag3 can you try the steps that I shared above when this issue last popped up for a user?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried UOTrace, restarting my router, even changing my wifi channel, but it all seemed like a big waste of time since none of them did anything. I have a wired connection to my router as well and a fair signal strength with many EA games, so I don't think there's any problem with my connection. I can't even check the server status even after going to the Dead Space 2 help page. I'm on pc and I got this game on sale, but now I'm beginning to regret it because I cannot even play it properly. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but it's frustrating not being able to use something I paid for.

Message 8 of 9 (799 Views)

Community Manager

Can you share your UO Trace here @R0tt3n5au5ag3?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (759 Views)