Re: Is there no way to earn Fight or Flight event packs?

by DjinniXz

Original Post

Is there no way to earn Fight or Flight event packs?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Let me get this straight, the only way to get event packs is by buying them? The event challenge rewards are all cosmetics and a badge. Not one event pack can be earned. The best items have to be bought in a random event pack or crafted with materials that 97% of people do not have. Wow the unabashed cash grabs get worse. I've seen <removed by CM> with more shame. Real nice.

Message 1 of 44 (11,606 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@MikeOxFirm Think they're locked behind Apex Coins so sad..
Message 2 of 44 (11,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MikeOxFirm wrote:

Let me get this straight, the only way to get event packs is by buying them? The event challenge rewards are all cosmetics and a badge. Not one event pack can be earned. The best items have to be bought in a random event pack or crafted with materials that 97% of people do not have. Wow the unabashed cash grabs get worse. I've seen * * with more shame. Real nice.

It's funny how many EA bootlickers were defending the new event before it came out

Message 3 of 44 (11,579 Views)

★★ Expert

How do you suggest they price their items? Other games also charge around $20-25 for a single cool looking skin that is limited or just comes into rotation after some time. 

Apex does need to earn money somehow and you can buy 2,400 coins and get 3 even packs that yield 9 items (3 event items and 6 normal pack items) 

I feel the pricing could be adjusted and lowered to maybe $10-15 or a bundle discount if you choose to purchase everything. 

Message 4 of 44 (11,569 Views)

★★ Guide

@iBlockHead wrote:

How do you suggest they price their items? Other games also charge around $20-25 for a single cool looking skin that is limited or just comes into rotation after some time. 

Apex does need to earn money somehow and you can buy 2,400 coins and get 3 even packs that yield 9 items (3 event items and 6 normal pack items) 

I feel the pricing could be adjusted and lowered to maybe $10-15 or a bundle discount if you choose to purchase everything. 

Hmm pay for an overpriced skin or gamble, such good choices.

Message 5 of 44 (11,559 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yep, you have to spend real money to get the skins. I was hope we get at least 3 free boxes but nope. 

Message 6 of 44 (11,555 Views)

★★ Guide

@Leo_the_Lion25 wrote:

Yep, you have to spend real money to get the skins. I was hope we get at least 3 free boxes but nope. 

What's funny is that I would spend quite a bit more on this game if they were reasonably priced. But I refuse to pay 18$ for a ok legendary or try to play the gambling game.

Message 7 of 44 (11,551 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yea I would spend money as well if they were sane prices. Nice business model, make items so expensive that only streamers buy them or make them cheaper so alot of people buy them.

Message 8 of 44 (11,536 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@iBlockHeadWhat game charges 25 for one skin or locks a melee cosmetic behind a 160 buck paywall?

You created a thread trying to justify the prices making out it wasn't a cash grab and noticed after you said your piece it went pretty quiet..

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Fight-or-Fright-event-should-be-exciting/m-p/8295718

The truth is this is actually worse than iron crown as you don't have a chance of getting any achievable event packs like last time. 

Message 9 of 44 (11,523 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you want to show off in video games, you have to have deep pockets just like in real life. Why don't you guys go and wine to Ferrari (for example) to sell their cars cheaper? It is beyond pathetic now...
And I tell you guys a little secret... they have more data to determine what prices benefit them more...

Message 10 of 44 (11,519 Views)