Re: Is there going to be apex legends ps5 optimised version?

by hayhor

Original Post

Is there going to be apex legends ps5 optimised version?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was wondering is there going to be apex legends ps5 optimised version and not backward compabilities because I don’t have apex legends ps4 which means that I cannot play apex legends on PS5

Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Champion
@Xfiqqq You can play the ps4 version on ps5. And the version is free. And while it is not made specifically for the ps5 it is improved. Frames stay at 60 instead of dipping into the 30s like on ps4. HDR is much better. You can see enemies much better.

Do not let the lack of a specific ps5 version stop you from playing. The game is free to play.
Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor Yeah I am playing it on PS5...well when the servers let me anyway lol. Truthfully, I haven't noticed any real performance upgrade. Not like I did with other games like Battlefront 2 and Planetside 2. Planetside 2 in particular performs on a whole new level from graphics to load times to gameplay, but then PS4 could barely run it...like a minimum requirements PC. lol Battlefront 2 has drastically better load times and the graphics seem a bit better.

It's not just Apex though. Avengers played the same also until they put out the PS5 version.

I think part of it is Apex ran so well on PS4 that there isn't anything for a PS5 to immediately enhance without a PS5 specific version.
Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX What ps4 did you have because mine was an original and it did not run the game that well. I rarely saw 60 fps and frame drops into the 30s and 40s were a normal thing, especially on Olympus. I can see way more detail at distance now. So much so I raised my FOV.

The only other ps4 game I have played on my ps5 is warzone and there isnt any difference for me in that game.
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)