Re: Is there going to be a bug fix for pvzgw2?

by EC2895

Original Post

Is there going to be a bug fix for pvzgw2?

★★★ Apprentice

I play pvzgw2 on Xbox one and have noticed that recently its only getting more and more glitch. A lot of the time characters suddenly jump back, randomly down with no cause, freeze for several moments and today, chompers who have just burrowed and chomped a zombie have been suddenly teleported back and are burrowing again. I've also noticed that often my characters are vanquished ridiculously easily - being hit once at full health and exploding from a regular weapon, not a bomb or anything, and sometimes characters can't be revived even though they are revivable. It wasn't so bad at first but now its getting ridiculously frequent and taking away some of the fun of the game. Is anything being done to fix the many bugs?

Message 1 of 9 (984 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I haven’t noticed that recently.  However I usually run into all of those quite a bit.  On my end it’s due to my internet connection.  Are all other devices in your house running smoothly?

Message 2 of 9 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, absolutely fine. Don't have any issues with any other online games either, and I have fibre optic internet connection so the internet speed shouldn't be an issue. It didn't happen so much but recently the game just seems to be getting more and more buggy. Its a shame.

Message 3 of 9 (938 Views)

Community Manager

@EC2895 It might seem a little random, but if you haven't done so recently you may want to check the console's ventilation.

Sometimes after a while dust/dirt builds up and this can have an effect on console performance. It's worth keeping on top of anyway, a well-ventilated console is a happy one. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (901 Views)

Everyone I know has been experiencing it.  I mean, ever since launch bad lag will come and go on this game.  But lately it's been particularly bad.  Matchmaking is seemingly broken, it can take me up to five tries to enter a turf game when I can see on te globe that there are several happening.  I can be kicked out of the MP portal five or six times before entering a game.  If a friend invites me, or I try to join their yard, the game will often hang up and I need to restart the app in order to proceed.

Rubber banding has been bad off and on in the last few weeks.  As has the incredibly annoying ability lag, where your ability does not occur and often the result is your demise.  I could go on, but I think this gives the idea.

Message 5 of 9 (885 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed other players seeming to experience this too. There is nothing wrong with my xbox or internet connection as it performs seamlessly with every other game, I just keep getting these issues. I've also recently started spawning as a plant in the zombie base and vice versa in the backyard when I start the game. I hope theres a fix released soon as it does seem to be getting worse and puts me off playing the game.

Message 6 of 9 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]

The character selection glitch upon startup has been in the game for months.  Though it made an inexplicable change with the latest "quality of life" update, so at least you don't need to swap teams in order to spawn in.  I guess the current glitch happened as a result of trying to fix the first one.

Message 7 of 9 (849 Views)

I have a suspicion that the matchmaking issues might be more complicated, perhaps involving the interface between the game and playstation.

Message 8 of 9 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The main bug i want them to fix is the reload reset butt that occurs with the scientist and goat whenever you try to use the heal beam or damage buff beam while reloading. That has been a bug since the first game and can get pretty annoying during fights when you're trying to support your team.

Message 9 of 9 (763 Views)