Re: Is there any old EA game you would love to have on Origin?

by constantin61

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

No, it's just that they won't be available anymore via the Origin store.. :-)

Message 11 of 27 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Straatford87The same way I still have the Demos for FIFA 15, FIFA 16 and Mass Effect 3 even throght they no in the Demos section anymore?, good to hear Standard smile by the way, I love ME3 Demo

Message 12 of 27 (470 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

Exactly.. :-)

You will keep in your library what you've downloaded. It could still happen that we retire a game, such as FIFA World - this would mean that you could keep the game in your library, but you wouldn't be able to play it anymore.

Message 13 of 27 (454 Views)

@Straatford87

Why doesn't EA think about an Origin client for linux. All old EA games should work on linux with a little bit of tinkering. I think this would be a win win situation: the gamer is able to play old games that he can't buy anymore (lesser piracy) + EA can earn some extra profit from selling old games again.

Young people don't mind to play the games their dads played nowadays. Wink

Message 14 of 27 (441 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'd actually quite like if they could release some of their old Mega Drive/Genesis titles.

Road Rash has already been mentioned but also the Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike games (or even the PlayStation titles Soviet/Nuclear Strike).

I realise they probably wouldn't be practical though, modern remakes would be good too.

Message 15 of 27 (435 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

At the moment our focus is on the core gaming market. It is true the gaming audience on Linux is growing, but it's still a very small percentage compared to PC users. At this stage it's therefore too early to address future plans regarding Linux. 

I appreciate you reaching out about this again though.. :-)

Message 16 of 27 (420 Views)

@Straatford87

Aha, but it is the program that makes the OS big. If companies only make programs for windows and mac, how can linux grow then? Think about it... Thinking

Message 17 of 27 (413 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I guess the answer to your question would depend on who you hold responsible for making an OS bigger. Should that task be given to a gaming company? Or to the OS creator itself?

I do want to add that I'm currently not in a position to answer those questions. But the debate itself certainly is interesting.. Standard smile

Message 18 of 27 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 wrote:

I guess the answer to your question would depend on who you hold responsible for making an OS bigger. Should that task be given to a gaming company? Or to the OS creator itself?

@Straatford87

A gaming company certainly could help.

If we are talking about f.e. linux mint, the OS creator is the mint society. This is not a company, but people working together to deliver a stable product. There are thousands of reasons people should use linux in stead of windows or mac but it always comes to money. Windows and Apple are rich companies pushing their products on new PC's and the mob buys these products without questions. This is where my chaotic side comes to live and screams for a linux revolution. Wink

Sidenote: A linux revolution would bring back all old EA games back to life (just to stay on topic Angel)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor linux revolution gif

Lol, now I feel like being chaotic good! Large smile

Message 19 of 27 (400 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

YES ! I d like to have Dune 2000 on Origin !

Message 20 of 27 (369 Views)