Re: Is there any old EA game you would love to have on Origin?

by mathematics654

Original Post

Is there any old EA game you would love to have on Origin?

★★ Pro

If you asking why I'm asking so much about older games, my PC is relativy new, but for some reason, they sold this to me wih a 128MB video card, so I'm playing mainly old games on PC (The newst full PC game I have is The Sims 4) and I'm playing the new titles on Xbox one, so here some games I would love to see get to digital version

• The Sims 1 & 2
  • NBA Live 07 (or any other PC version of NBA Live)
  • Theme Park World (I just love amusement parks)

Is there any old EA game you would like to get digital version?

Message 1 of 27 (981 Views)

The old NFS games, Sims 1/2, Sims Stories, the Theme Park titles, those missing Sim City titles, the first Alice game, the old Battlefield games (prior to Bad Company 2).

I doubt that sports games can be brought back, as probably those have limited licensing and i don't think that EA would renew them for just a few more sales. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 27 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

It's not so much a game that I'd like to see re-released as I'm not sure it's aged fantastically, but I'd love to see a modern Road Rash game. 

Other than this, fortunately a lot of older games have already been brought back, such as Syndicate Wars or Dungeon Keeper. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 27 (945 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_David i love Dungeon Keeper, but I can't get past level 10 XD

Message 4 of 27 (940 Views)

★★ Novice

I'd love to have proper old C&C games. Fixed to run on Windows 10, fixed to have working lan play. Maybe some DirectDraw wrapper that lets us play in a window mode. Nicer icons instead of that Ultimate Collection monstrosities. Also let us buy them separate. I love old C&C games but the day after I've bought Ultimate Collection I had to contact EA advisor to remove it from my account. Too many problems.

Message 5 of 27 (925 Views)

@EA_David Road Redemption is still in early access, sadly. But definitely worth checking if you were a Raod Rash fan.

There are still quite a few old games that we would want on Origin and some work is needed on the existing ones to work properly on the modern OS. In many cases, EA could work with the modding community or continue their collaboration with GOG. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 27 (914 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @mathematics654 @uzernaem @EA_David

I would love to have Beasts and Bumpkins on Origin. It's old and not that well known, but very charming in it's own right.. :-)

Message 7 of 27 (906 Views)

@Straatford87

Black and white, baldur's gate series, neverwinternights series...

Message 8 of 27 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

If I remember correctly, I actually do think that we had Black & White on the Origin Store back in the day. As a rule of thumb, if an old game isn't available anymore on the Origin Store then it's usually because the game itself had some issues such as certain functions not working properly.

Having said that, I'm ashamed to admit that I never played Black & White.. 

Image result for gasp meme

Message 9 of 27 (883 Views)

★★ Pro

@Straatford87

What happen if a game I own become unaviaable? (for ex. my FIFA 11 copy) do I lose my game forever?

Message 10 of 27 (878 Views)