Re: Is there a way to turn off Auto Punch?

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a way to turn off Auto Punch?

★★★★★ Newbie

When ever someone gets close to me, when I pull the trigger I punch instead of shooting my gun.  This started around the time season one came out, but it's become more of a problem for me in the new solo mode.  I'll be ready shoot some one in the face and it will punch instead and the unintended punch never hits the other players.  Is there a way to disable this "feature"?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 23 (24,566 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've the same problem before in PS4.

By default , the meele is pressing right stick down, but during tight battle, you tend to be more intense, so when you trying to swing right stick and you have tendency to press it harder than ussual and trigger the punch (mean suicide in gun fight).

You can set your own custom keys so don't accidentally punch anymore, which I did today.

View in thread

Message 5 of 23 (24,517 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@DarthProzac There is no auto punch.
Are you on console?
Message 2 of 23 (24,536 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Xbox One

Message 3 of 23 (24,533 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthProzac I play on xbox one and never had this happen.

What is the default button you use to melee ?

R3 I would assume, if so. You could just be unintentionally pressing down on it the moment you see an enemy which would cause you to punch.

Another thing could be if you have your guns holstered and press the shooting button (RT) than you will also melee. Make sure the gun is out and ready before pressing RT.

A minor bug that happens is if you are using a consumable and attempt to shoot while doing so, your player will rather melee instead of shoot.
Message 4 of 23 (24,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've the same problem before in PS4.

By default , the meele is pressing right stick down, but during tight battle, you tend to be more intense, so when you trying to swing right stick and you have tendency to press it harder than ussual and trigger the punch (mean suicide in gun fight).

You can set your own custom keys so don't accidentally punch anymore, which I did today.

Message 5 of 23 (24,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is not clenching; people are being obstinate and feel that something they have not experienced is not a thing. The issue is trying to attack with no ammo. If you don’t have a gun and pull the trigger you melee. If your gun is empty and you pull the trigger, while in close proximity to a bad, you melee. This needs to be turned off. There is a button for melee attacks, leave it at that. My big issue comes from the peacekeeper; it only has one bullet chambered at a time and is a close proximity weapon: if you are right next to someone and pull the trigger a second time, before the next round has been chambered, you will melee. Please EA, put in an option to turn this off. Let the melee button be the only way you can throw a punch. 

Message 6 of 23 (23,977 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DarthProzac they need to change R3 from melee without having to have another button mapped to R3. There is no good alternative to be honest every other button will screw you over in one way or another.
Message 7 of 23 (23,870 Views)

★★ Expert
@TeranceBagswell ... uhh if a weapon is out of ammo and you press the firing button (whatever that may be on your system) than you just hear the gun clicking.

You don't punch. You only punch if you have your weapons holstered or no weapon.

As for the rest of you, what controller are you using? DS4? I don't have this issue on a xbox controller but I remember getting it using those tiny PS controllers.
Message 8 of 23 (23,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's a fact. Even using the slide/duck/prone screws you over. It's completely aggravating. 

They should allow deletion of anything you don't want,  like that pathetic MOUNT garbage, which is similar. 

At least you could turn that junk off.

Message 9 of 23 (22,528 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Nope.

Happens to me when i have FULL AMMO and when I'm not pressing the melee button.

It also only happens when the enemy is in close proximity... often not even within melee range.

Message 10 of 23 (22,526 Views)