Re: Is there a way to make your own Apex Legends custom game?

by ILostT0Loba

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a way to make your own Apex Legends custom game?

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if there was any way to make your own Apex Legends custom game. I've heard that there are ways to do so, but there aren't any listed steps, Is there a way to make your own custom game in Apex Legends? If not, this should be added. It's one of the highest requested features and I think it will get the game some more attention, or some more playtime from players. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide
@ETG_Swarm Unfortunately there is not. Average joes like us don't have access to the custom servers. Hopefully one day they will allow us to use it, but not at the moment.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,634 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@ETG_Swarm Unfortunately there is not. Average joes like us don't have access to the custom servers. Hopefully one day they will allow us to use it, but not at the moment.
Message 2 of 7 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dang, that sucks. I really do hope we get the chance to make some custom servers soon. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,627 Views)

★ Guide

Creating your own lobbies would be so great.

I dont get why modern games dont have options to creat own lobbies so that you could play these games with friends only or have a great LAN experience. Some little tools to change ring size and perhaps but some old fashion deathmatch or capture the flag modes. Apex have such a great mechanics so it is such a shame to use it only for just one purpose. 

I think companies are missing so much ideas in this way. I belive it would be beneficial to give players opportunity venture and see what you can come up with.

I can recall that there is a game called Warcraft 3 and there was this one Icefrog fellow who did make one really cool mod...=)

Message 4 of 7 (1,529 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Littumulkero There are a few reasons. First of all, the game uses a server authoritative model, which means that there's a different version of the game on the server calling all the shots. They probably don't want that version of the game to be accessible to everyone, hackers would surely take advantage of it and not just create more effective cheats, but also circumvent bans when boosting accounts, get access to other players account data or even to their devices.

Second, having private servers has the effect of fragmenting the playerbase, which means unbalanced lobbies and long waiting queues in areas with few players. Ultimately, this can lead to a premature death of the game.

Third, it's about stats. Players could farm for stats and badges easily in private matches, if they join in with a lot of friends. Sure this is possible even now, on normal servers, but EA and Respawn wouldn't be allowed to get tracked data / match logs from a private server and apply bans when it's the case.
Message 5 of 7 (1,488 Views)

★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:
@Littumulkero 

Third, it's about stats. Players could farm for stats and badges easily in private matches, if they join in with a lot of friends. Sure this is possible even now, on normal servers, but EA and Respawn wouldn't be allowed to get tracked data / match logs from a private server and apply bans when it's the case.

Custom tournament stats don't count, you don't get any level exp or BP exp. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Expert
@ILostT0Loba Yea, but people will cry because it's not fun if you don't know whose is bigger.
Message 7 of 7 (1,447 Views)