Is there a way to force the EA app open in offline mode?

by pulseIm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a way to force the EA app open in offline mode?

★★★ Newbie

I have The Sims 4 in my account and my girlfriend play in my account, but i want to play TS4 and other games in the same time that she is playing TS4 in other computer...

Theres a way to open the ea app always in offline mode? 

Message 1 of 74 (54,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there a way to force the EA app open in offline mode?

Community Manager
Hey @pulseIm,

No, the EA app unfortunately doesn't support offline play yet. However, the teams are aware of the feedback regarding this requested feature for the EA app.

Origin does support offline play, however. So if you/your girlfriend owns the game as a standalone copy or via EA Play (Pro), as long as it is not EA Play via Xbox Game Pass, it should be possible to use Origin and make use of offline play.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 74 (54,380 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @pulseIm,

No, the EA app unfortunately doesn't support offline play yet. However, the teams are aware of the feedback regarding this requested feature for the EA app.

Origin does support offline play, however. So if you/your girlfriend owns the game as a standalone copy or via EA Play (Pro), as long as it is not EA Play via Xbox Game Pass, it should be possible to use Origin and make use of offline play.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 74 (54,381 Views)

★ Guide

How about now? (I haven't tried it recently so just asking).

I usually use Origin offline for it's bad missing internet connection handling (IE that it won't go offline if it was online the last time it was used). Using Origin in offline mode at least ensures it can start later even if the internet is down (Also, rather ironically it has to be online to go offline...). I hope the new EA app will handle this situation more streamlined.

Message 3 of 74 (52,980 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @scifihiki,

Yeah the EA app does indeed support Offline Mode now since a couple of months.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 74 (52,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm able to play my games offline BUT I have to always go online to get in the offline mode. This is not necessary if I stay offline as long as my computer is on but when I shut down & restart my pc I'm automatically back online in EA. I can't find any method to save my offline status when I shut down my pc. P.S.- I never log out of my account when I shut down but I still have to go and log in again for each gaming session. It's not a deal breaker for me unless I lose my internet connection.

Message 5 of 74 (52,648 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Sentry11313,

Hmm, yeah it does look like that is the only way to make the EA app work in offline mode at the moment. I will pass on the feedback.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 74 (52,627 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would like to confirm that the EA app will not open when there is no wifi. I’m currently without wifi and cannot get it or my sims 4 game to run.

Yesterday I switched from origin to EA before going on a trip. I would not  have done so if I knew this was going to be an issue.

EA should be explicit in the limitations of its app before forcing it on players, who a) don’t normally play games that require to be online to function b) literally PAID for a game they now cannot play despite the fact that it does not require wifi to function 

Message 7 of 74 (52,544 Views)

★ Apprentice
@rmvarillas amazing this dont work on offline mode!
Message 8 of 74 (50,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This exactly.  This needs to be fixed.  We should not, after 20 years of playing the sims, suddenly have to have internet connection merely to log into the app in order to load a game that doesn't require internet connection to play.  This is BS and needs attention now, especially after we were forced out of Origin where we could log into Origin app even while not connected to the internet.  When I installed the EA app, the Origin app was automatically removed from my computer and I try to redownload the Origin app, it takes me directly to the EA app download.  It is unacceptable for EA to take away access to a game that people have been playing and putting money into for 20 years!!

Message 9 of 74 (50,576 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Watching this thread because I absolutely refuse to switch over to the EA app until this is fully fixed. I should not be locked out of playing an OFFLINE game I paid hundreds of dollars(counting packs and kits) into simply because I have no internet.

While I do have internet at home, it will go out sometimes or I may not be at home. I also share my account with my mother as we are one household and have both contributed to our sims collection, so we cannot both be logged in online at one time. Unfortunately she has already switched her computer over to EA at this time. Fortunately I am still on Origin.

Being able to switch to offline mode once logged in is only half the battle. We absolutely MUST have a way to log in offline as well. Otherwise EA is just ripping us all off.

Message 10 of 74 (50,490 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help