Re: Is there a chance red alert 3s online services could be restored?

by Cantiras

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a chance red alert 3s online services could be restored?

★★★ Newbie

I know red alert 3 was built with game spy for online matchmaking and that no longer exists. But is there any chance the online services could be migrated to a working thing? I really miss playing this with my buddies.

Message 1 of 5 (381 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jthomp666 Have you tried C&C:Online?

If you have RA3 via the Ultimate Collection, you might also be interested in the Fixed Ultimate Collection Launchers ("re-enables command-line parameters for the games, adds in some missing registry keys [that re-enable the ability to use custom maps], and adds in some community patches automatically"). If you decide to use these, "disable Origin In-Game and the cloud saves feature for each game prior to using the installer." More information is provided in the "Description" section on the Mod DB page.

You might also want to try RA3 QuickLoader, if you find launching the game is protracted.

The aforementioned are all community-provided (i.e. unofficial) fixes.

Edit for posterity: As of the date of this post, the Fixed Ultimate Collection Launchers pack is v1.01. If/when at some future date v1.02 is released, it should include RA3 QuickLoader (thus eliminating the need to download RA3 QuickLoader separately) : https://github.com/Medstar117/CNC-Ultimate-Collection-Fixed-Launchers/issues/6.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (334 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jthomp666 I am not aware of any plans for this to change but I will pass your feeding on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jthomp666 Have you tried C&C:Online?

If you have RA3 via the Ultimate Collection, you might also be interested in the Fixed Ultimate Collection Launchers ("re-enables command-line parameters for the games, adds in some missing registry keys [that re-enable the ability to use custom maps], and adds in some community patches automatically"). If you decide to use these, "disable Origin In-Game and the cloud saves feature for each game prior to using the installer." More information is provided in the "Description" section on the Mod DB page.

You might also want to try RA3 QuickLoader, if you find launching the game is protracted.

The aforementioned are all community-provided (i.e. unofficial) fixes.

Edit for posterity: As of the date of this post, the Fixed Ultimate Collection Launchers pack is v1.01. If/when at some future date v1.02 is released, it should include RA3 QuickLoader (thus eliminating the need to download RA3 QuickLoader separately) : https://github.com/Medstar117/CNC-Ultimate-Collection-Fixed-Launchers/issues/6.

Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh I was not aware of a 3rd party launcher for it, thanks! Me and the boys loved playing this.

Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jthomp666 PS As mentioned in the comments on Mod DB, some of the Fixed Ultimate Collection Launchers may trigger your antivirus software. The launchers for RA1 and Renegade triggered my antivirus program.

As for multiplayer for earlier games in the series (Tiberian Dawn, RA1, Tiberian Sun, RA2), there is CnCNet.

Message 5 of 5 (308 Views)