Re: Is there a 4k update coming for xbox one x?

by stevenomes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a 4k update coming for xbox one x?

★ Novice

Just wondering If there will be a 4k patch for xbox one x? One more quick question is there anyway y'all can do a visual update on the mass effect 1-3 or a remastered for the xbox one x and ps4 pro?

Message 1 of 17 (20,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The game should be listed under "Xbox One X Enhanced" as of November, 6th.

Yes, it's finally been enhanced.

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (7,166 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no ME:A entry on the list of enhanced games so I can't see it happening any time soon. The same for the original trilogy. With that said, as someone who upgraded from a 1080p plasma to a 4k OLED I thought the HDR provided a significant improvement to the visuals even without a resolution bump.

Message 2 of 17 (19,914 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

this seems unlikely as they've all but left ME:A to die. I dont think there will be any enhancements coming. I hope there is but i would not expect it. 

Message 3 of 17 (19,902 Views)

★ Pro

@KAW24 wrote:

There is no ME:A entry on the list of enhanced games so I can't see it happening any time soon. The same for the original trilogy. With that said, as someone who upgraded from a 1080p plasma to a 4k OLED I thought the HDR provided a significant improvement to the visuals even without a resolution bump.

Yeah your television can actually help with the technology in there to enhance whatever you're showing on the screen. 

At the same time though I'm not sure about it needing to be enhanced. On the PC it already is a 4k game if your machine can hack it. Are we sure that ME:A needs to be enhanced for 4k? It already is for PC, maybe it actually is already 4k also for the consoles...

Message 4 of 17 (19,852 Views)

Hero

@EgoMania wrote:

Are we sure that ME:A needs to be enhanced for 4k? It already is for PC, maybe it actually is already 4k also for the consoles...

It's 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 17 (19,840 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is it fixed to 900p on the XB1 or is it dynamic resolution?

Message 6 of 17 (19,835 Views)

★ Pro

@KAW24 wrote:

Is it fixed to 900p on the XB1 or is it dynamic resolution?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering as well.

Message 7 of 17 (19,829 Views)

Hero

Apparently it's even less than 900p. It's 1564x880 during gameplay. Cutscenes switch between 1344x756 and 1564x880 according to the description under this performance analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsEM5_IhHU

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 17 (19,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Would be nice! But, unfortunately, despite its positives EA is giving Andromeda the Windows Vista treatment.  The "this never happened" treatment. In this day and age they could turn this title around through updates and fixes, but, nope...complete do-over in the form of ME5. They have straight-up bailed on it, which means no updates. "You never saw this happen, it didn't really exist and you were never here..."

Shame, too, because even Windows Vista had some great ideas and paved the way to Windows 7, it was just executed badly, rushed out into market and its image was quickly tainted... even though in the end it was patched and running smoothly, but by that time most of us had either gone back to using XP, or were using Windows 7...and so most people never knew it was fixed.

Message 9 of 17 (18,426 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@AscelinMortas;  Great analogy.  Fully patched, and with just a few well chosen mods like "Shorter Cinematics" and "Faster Kadara Doors", MEA is a pretty good game.  Too bad most will never experience it.

Message 10 of 17 (18,384 Views)