Is the "anti-hoarding" vehicle timer doing more bad than good?

by UP_Hawxxeye

Original Post

Re: Is the "anti-hoarding" vehicle timer doing more bad than good?

★ Pro
@Tank2042Man Devs added additional spawn time when you had originally spawned any vehicle, on top of the normal spawn time it takes for any vehicle to cooldown. That way any other teammate can see the vehicle as available for at least 10 seconds before the person who destroyed the vehicle can select it gain. Else the person who destroyed the vehicle would have perfect timing to get it repeatedly, and lock everyone else out.
Message 11 of 22 (342 Views)

★ Expert

Do we know how long the respawn for the destroyed tank to become available again is?

Message 12 of 22 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Tank2042Man I have not made a precice measurement. All I am sure is that the last owner is having a slightly longer lockout before spawning it again.
But you can know if there is a respawned tank if the available tank number is not zero out of max.
Message 13 of 22 (301 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is still the bug at least in round start. If you try to get a vehicle, but you just almost got it and try another, the first vehicle class stays "In play" the whole round and you can't get those at all.

Message 14 of 22 (298 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I love spawning in a transport that crashes 2 seconds later, only to be locked out of all other vehicles for a minute and a half afterwards.  Or getting shot out of a scout car and being unable to call another one in because it's "in play" sitting somewhere in the middle of the map.

Message 15 of 22 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

For those who do not know, in BF2042 there is a timer after the destruction of a vehicle that you spawned yourself which is 15 to 3 seconds longer than the respawn time of the vehicle in question.

This was probably done to attempt to discourage players from only using a certain vehicle row by trying to give the vehicle first to someone else in the team which will likely mean that the previous player will have to wait for the lifetime of next vehicle + the respawn timer again.

I do not know if this was done to prevent someone who lost the team a vehicle from using another one for a time or to throw a wrench on players who are doing really well but someone managed to kill them.

I am sure that any dedicated squad of 2+ friends can still bypass the timer by taking turns in spawning the vehicle. So this in no way poses more than a nuisance to the most dangerous vehicle users who do not play alone.

In general I also believe this is a very forceful way to "control" player choice which we could live without. I do not even know why did we had to go back to spawning vehicles out of thin air with click spamming instead of having proper bases with vehicles.

I kindly ask to reconsider because I think it causes more harm than good to deprive  a competent player a vehicle just to give priority to some player who will either get the next one destroyed quickly or will play it safe and have a minimal impact because he will stay away to avoid losing the vehicle for an extended amount of time

the fact that you feel that you are more entitled to a vehicle than someone else tells me the system is working

Message 16 of 22 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Psubond wrote:

the fact that you feel that you are more entitled to a vehicle than someone else tells me the system is working

That was unessesarily spiteful.

I will repeat what I posted as a reply to Trokey:

Everyone deserves an equal opportunity to get the vehicle. You achieve that by either not interfering with who can get it first or going all the way and building a queue system. What we have in BF2042 is a clumsy and unintuitive half measure that still includes the spawn clickspam wars only it excludes just one player at a time (who might or might not had been the one who could benefit the team the most).

Message 17 of 22 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

@Psubond wrote:

That was unessesarily spiteful.

I will repeat what I posted as a reply to Trokey:

Everyone deserves an equal opportunity to get the vehicle. You achieve that by either not interfering with who can get it first or going all the way and building a queue system. What we have in BF2042 is a clumsy and unintuitive half measure that still includes the spawn clickspam wars only it excludes just one player at a time (who might or might not had been the one who could benefit the team the most).

everyone has the same initial opportunity at the vehicles at the start of a round.  the system only affects you if you already had a go.  that means it should be someone else's turn if you already used a vehicle.  doesn't matter if *by your opinion* you will do more with the vehicle, it is someone else's turn.  if no one else wants a turn after a set amount of time, then it's all yours.  learn to share.

i like the system, but i would like to see the spawn in thing go away (landmines on runways were so much fun).  i'd get rid of the spawn in thing but keep a delay on how long you had to wait to take a new vehicle

Message 18 of 22 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Psubond
I would be much happier if that would be the case. The spawn screen system is the main reason that players who would not had bothered claiming the vehicle otherwise are getting them since it is 2 clicks of effort.

Just look at how in Rush mode, the MAV, the tank and the helicopters might not even get used for a long time and just rot at the base.

Yes I would absolutely love having starting bases with empty vehicles again, even with the delay.

Plus the spawn system causes a lot of players to spawn with Nightbirds when the team desperately needs a Hind or a Condor to help the team get past the enemy lines and spawn in tacticaly favorable possition.

Please do not talk about me as if I am some selfish trick who does not want to let others play. If I knew I could trust the others with the vehicle I would be happy to not use any vehicles for the entire round, it is easier to have fun with infantry in this game than with a slow armored ground vehicle with slow turret turn which goes down in 4 rockets in a game were half the enemy team is often equiped with M5.

Perhaps I need to learn to care less about the outcome of the round and just start derping around like most people do instead of  trying to help turn the tide.

Message 19 of 22 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

@Psubond
I would be much happier if that would be the case. The spawn screen system is the main reason that players who would not had bothered claiming the vehicle otherwise are getting them since it is 2 clicks of effort.

Just look at how in Rush mode, the MAV, the tank and the helicopters might not even get used for a long time and just rot at the base.

Yes I would absolutely love having starting bases with empty vehicles again, even with the delay.

Plus the spawn system causes a lot of players to spawn with Nightbirds when the team desperately needs a Hind or a Condor to help the team get past the enemy lines and spawn in tacticaly favorable possition.

Please do not talk about me as if I am some selfish trick who does not want to let others play. If I knew I could trust the others with the vehicle I would be happy to not use any vehicles for the entire round, it is easier to have fun with infantry in this game than with a slow armored ground vehicle with slow turret turn which goes down in 4 rockets in a game were half the enemy team is often equiped with M5.

Perhaps I need to learn to care less about the outcome of the round and just start derping around like most people do instead of  trying to help turn the tide.

Youre missing the point, it shouldn't be a matter of trusting other players to use the vehicle in a way you decide is appropriate.  The system is there to not allow you to hog the vehicles for whatever reson including a superiority complex.  The system is working as intended since it gives others an advantage of getting the vehicle *after you have already had your time in one and died*

Message 20 of 22 (206 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help