Re: Is the loot from fresh kills intentionally delayed or is it a bug?

by ajharris21

Original Post

Is the loot from fresh kills intentionally delayed or is it a bug?

★★ Guide

As many of you know, looting a fresh death box doesn't give you access right away to every item the other player had, and you have to wait a few seconds for it to appear in its entirety. It's a quick react mechanic, to be used in combat where you immediately attempt to loot the person you just killed in order to get the fresh body armor, maybe ammo if needed, and by it being bugged you can't do that reliably. Is it supposed to be like this, spawning items over the course of a few seconds (make the items that appear first consistent then), or is it a bug?

Message 1 of 9 (627 Views)

I don't know to be honest.

I know that you can knock around the box for a 5 seconds before it freezes in place, but a delayed looting not sure about that.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 9 (611 Views)

★ Guide
I don't think I ever experienced the issue you are describing. I'll pay attention and see if it happens.
Message 3 of 9 (580 Views)

★★★ Expert
Never had this myself, all items were there right away looting the box.

Maybe it's just lagg from the sever to forward the info to your game client in dense area's like a hotdrop in skulltown, and the data for the content of a box takes 2nd place after many gun fights going on in the area to help the game run smoothly.

Is what I would assume at least.
Message 4 of 9 (573 Views)

★★ Guide

Some official reply would be nice, knowing how the game is supposed to work.

Message 5 of 9 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Throhjen 

It drives me crazy it is the shield everytime that doesn’t show up and that is usually what I need when I try to quickly loot a box

Message 6 of 9 (447 Views)

it's not just the dead box that has problem spawning armor. Supply bin also has this problem (armor spawn is late, or it doesn't render right away when I open the bin), but it's not that often at least for me.

Message 7 of 9 (410 Views)

★ Guide
i think he means armor bug. theres times alot of times the armor is not appear in the deathbox, i think its a bug
Message 8 of 9 (408 Views)

★ Guide
I play on ps4 and I have noticed this from time to time.
Message 9 of 9 (390 Views)