Re: Is teaming with enemy players against the rules?

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is teaming with enemy players against the rules?

★★★ Pro

I know in most Battle Royale games teaming is strictly prohibited (namely Fortnite), but I have never personally seen a developer response to it for Apex. In my opinion it shouldn't be: you should be able to form temporary alliances with enemy squads as a tactic to take down other, stronger, squads.

I just wanted to know if it is technically against the rules and considered unfair play or cheating from the team and community.

Message 1 of 10 (3,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Expert

It is against the rules to team up with enemy players, yes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-14-respawn-to-investigate-top-apex-legends-players-caught...

In that article is an embedded tweet by the developers saying they will take action after an investigation. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (3,812 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@CompleatBeet It is, you wont see it explicitly written but it is and if you get caught... burn baby burn
Message 2 of 10 (3,813 Views)

★★ Expert

It is against the rules to team up with enemy players, yes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-14-respawn-to-investigate-top-apex-legends-players-caught...

In that article is an embedded tweet by the developers saying they will take action after an investigation. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,813 Views)

Champion
@CompleatBeet It is not allowed and never should be.
Message 4 of 10 (3,798 Views)

★★★ Pro

Okay! Just wanted to be sure that a group of 6 people attacking me in game isn't normal Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (3,722 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CompleatBeet wrote:

I know in most Battle Royale games teaming is strictly prohibited (namely Fortnite), but I have never personally seen a developer response to it for Apex. In my opinion it shouldn't be: you should be able to form temporary alliances with enemy squads as a tactic to take down other, stronger, squads.

I just wanted to know if it is technically against the rules and considered unfair play or cheating from the team and community.

you should be able to form temporary alliances with enemy squads as a tactic to take down other, stronger, squads

I don't think i have seen bigger BS on this forum then that. :D Sorry

How do you even know a squad is stronger without killing it?

This is wrong in every way possible.

Message 6 of 10 (3,712 Views)

Champion
@CompleatBeet if you have clear evidence of teaming I'd save and report it.
Message 7 of 10 (3,691 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DaAceXD Just saying: in a fight to the death: you'd probably want to do whatever it takes to survive and win - even if it means teaming with enemies.

The "stronger squads" part was admittedly pretty... incorrect

Message 8 of 10 (3,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I literally watched two different teammates both solos in apex at the end of the match help each other. One of them dropped a shield cell and they just lowered there health. Until the wraith finally took out the Bangalore.

Message 9 of 10 (1,598 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Bessielady5640 going to lock this thread as it is quite old, please do not bump older threads as it can be considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,573 Views)