Re: Is smurfing bannable?

by iBlockHead

Original Post

Is smurfing bannable?

★ Novice

I am interested if smurfing is bannable since in other games like Lol it is. I was thinking about helping a friend by making a smurf so i can play with him in ranked since my accout is a much higer rank than his. I wold love some feedback on this

Message 1 of 43 (13,545 Views)

★★ Expert
@ThatsWolf I mean... you can still play ranked with him. Sure he'll be placed a rank or more above himself but unless he's booty, they shouldn't need someone to carry them to a rank that's not for them.
Message 2 of 43 (13,455 Views)

★★★ Expert

Is smurfing bannable in League? 

What? It's just having another account. In so far as i know of, it's fine in Apex.

Streamer's are regularly playing smurf accounts on twitch for months now, my favorite would have to be Diegosaurs' alt account called Gibbysaurs where he only plays Gibby.

Message 3 of 43 (13,422 Views)

★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro Smurfing is bannable in rainbow six siege, LoL, AND twitch itself. Creating a new account makes you face lower level players so you’re basically abusing matchmaking, AND hurting their game because new players think the game is hard since they face good players who are level 1 when they’ve put so much time into the game.
Message 4 of 43 (10,978 Views)

@ThatsWolf Last I saw EA and Respawn had not put out an official statement on it one way or the other.

There was a user on the forum who claimed admitted their smurf account was banned.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 43 (10,895 Views)

★ Pro
@ThatsWolf it's shouldn't
insteed of ban smurf add rank detecter system like csgo.
Message 6 of 43 (10,850 Views)

★★★ Novice

Streamers can even cheat with no recoil macro, and nobody cares.

And a Streamer is not a person who may use many account because he/she is streaming. They are normal people like us.

Message 7 of 43 (8,687 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Couldn't find any new posts about this so bumping this up as Season 9 (Legacy) has added a new report button in the game;

Would like official confirmation now that this has been added to the game. Does any bans for smurfing also now ban your main account? Does this just mean your smurfs get banned? What is the official stance on smurfing now that there is an actual in-game report button for smurfing

Screenshot 2021-05-06 234941.jpg

Message 8 of 43 (6,384 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@FamousCole how can you tell if someone is smurfing tho, maybe they're very good at FPS and played titanfall before
Message 9 of 43 (6,284 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ThatsWolf

It has been added to the report options. I am not sure if that would lead to a ban.
I would say that you would be able to play with your friends in Pubs, and maybe you could help your friend improve towards your level so when you play ranked together you may have less of a skill gap in between you?
As other mentioned, you could still play with your friend -depending on your rank if you are pred probably not-- but your friend would be placed in a more difficult lobby.
Message 10 of 43 (6,282 Views)