Re: Is server jumping bannable

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Why would it be bannable?! They give you the option to choose whatever server you want. I play on different ones all the time. Some with a ping of 250. 

Message 11 of 16 (300 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@syzole it will not get you banned , but i have a better challenge for you.
try playing ranked with 160 to 180 ping and get to diamond at least .
that was my life with Apex ranked until Respawn introduced the new server Standard smile
Message 12 of 16 (291 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp I don't think it's as much of an advantage as you would think. I have tried to play on high ping servers because I have friends in other parts of the world. I definitely notice the lag and definitely have a hard time doing anything useful.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 16 (266 Views)

Champion
@Alphabets I play with pings around 100 many times as I play on Euro servers from US with friends. Ping really isnt the reason for poor connection.
Message 14 of 16 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Oh yeah ofc not. I was just talking about the ones who teleport around and kill you while you can't hit one shot lol
Message 15 of 16 (228 Views)

★★★ Expert

The ping you see when connecting to a data center is not very relevant. it just shows how close that data center is to you, but you won't always play on that data center. Sometimes there might be too many or too few players connected to that data center, so the matchmaker will probably put you in a match hosted on a server that's in another data center, further away, but as close as possible to the one you've chosen. Just ask some of your random teammates which data center they are connected to, and you'll notice they're not always on the same one as you. This means that your real average ping can sometimes be well in the hundreds.

Also, stability isn't reflected in the average value. You might have an excellent average ping, like 10ms, but a spike of 1000ms for a few seconds can make your bullets go through your enemies and get you downed before you even realize there's someone behind the corner.

Message 16 of 16 (223 Views)