★ Novice

I'm a level 50 nintendo switch player who has

56 kills - mirage

25 kills - horizon

22 kills - crypto

25 kills - bloodhound

18 kills - wraith

12 kills - octane

My k/d is 0.78. Often I get tilted easily with no kill games, especially in King's canyon. Often I get like 100 damage on the enemy and die. Do I trust the fact that I will improve, do I use a certain tip that good apex players use. I was really bad at fortnite because of the building aspect but for a switch player i'm somewhat ok at apex but i die a lot, and don't get a lot of kills, any tips?

Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: Is regularly getting no kill games in pubs fine

[ Edited ]

@hype_f0rce Yeah you will die a lot in this game, especially at first.

My KD this season is bouncing between 1.15 and 1.30 with average damage in the 400 range. You have to keep in mind in order for you to have a KD of 1, someone else must die. In order to have a KD above 1 two people must die. Now factor in bad drops, bad teammates and other things that make getting kills hard. Now if I thirsted everyone I knocked my KD would be closer to 2. But I'm really bad about thirsting people.

Average players have a KD in the .90 range, anything above that puts you above average. You're not doing terrible especially if you're new to the game and trying to learn how to inventory loot, build guns, use abilities and so on.

The game has a fairly steep learning curve. I could write a really long response on tips.

The big one, you want something for mid range and something for close quarters combat. Don't waste your time on snipers, they are very very very difficult guns to use effectively in this game.

Beginners gun I'd run a Spitfire right now, toss a 2x on it.. For a secondary weapon maybe a volt or even an Eva 8. The 99 is the dominate of CQC weapon, volt is a close second. But the 99 is extremely difficult to use, the volt is much easier to use.

What legends do you like? I'd probably recommend Bangalore, she is extremely forgiving. Use your abilities, the only way you'll learn how to use them effectively is if you're using them. It's alright if you waste them, you won't learn how to use them effectively if you're not trying. Octane is not a bad choice, Horizon is not terrible either. Stay away from Crypto he is a very difficult legend to play effectively. Wraith is also going to be a hard one to learn.

I can not stress this enough, movement, movement and more movement. Nearly every 1vs3 I have won, I won because of movement. 

You can add me as a friend in game, I will play rounds with you and go into the firing range with you. I'll put pressure on you in the firing range, I won't just instantly destroy you. I'll increase the pressure as you get better.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: Is regularly getting no kill games in pubs fine

★★★ Pro
@hype_f0rce I would just say keep playing.

I was in a similar place to you but I managed to get my K/D back to positive after constant grinding.

You want to make sure that you learn the map, finding a good squad always helps, practising in the firing range with some weapons that are difficult to control like the R-99 etc.

You also need to think about your rotation and ring positioning.

Don't stress too much about the kills, as you develop as a player the kills and damage will come, this game just takes time and patience.
Message 3 of 3 (146 Views)