Re: Is punching broken?

by pastaclown

Original Post

Is punching broken?

Punched a bang I had pinned in a corner 4 times, my squad mate hit her 4 times as well. No shields nothing, it was on drop. Bang would not die...

i have been having issues with it registering as well, throw punches and they just don’t land. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 4 (245 Views)

Champion

I haven't  had it this extreme but yeah, 5 hits to drop somebody. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

I think it had to do with dropping on the train. Hot drops always have lag issues, especially the train.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (179 Views)

★★ Expert

Melee has consistently been really wonky. From the odd lock on system and how sometimes it'll cannon you forward to a target multiple meters away, to not locking onto someone right in front of you. The inconsistent hit reg despite visibly knocking the target away and getting audio / visual cues, and the weird animation differences that will cost you fights. Melee has been, and will probably continue to be, really wonky. 

Fun fact, I once knocked 2 of 3 teammates, and in a last ditch desperation effort I attempted to punch the final target. The Alternator dot in the center of the reticle was on top of the final enemy, and yet my melee locked onto the downed opponent with his knockdown shield up. I quite literally got to watch my guy punch forward, then angle downwards mid-swing to hit the knockdown shield. 

Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)