Re: Is possible have a new visual feature?

by kregora

Original Post

Is possible have a new visual feature?

★ Apprentice
Hello all! i'm just asking for a particular question. I'm achromate, so i cannot see any color. I Would like to play the new bf 2042 (when it will come playable) but it's very difficult to recognize enemies for player like me for because my problem is i cannot see and distinguish very similar colors. so i cannot see anytime both teammates and enemies marker, and if i see them, i cannot recognize which is enemy or teammate Now the only features available (i think) are the classic colorblind modes that only change a particular color with an other. For players with problems like mine it's useless (we cannot see any color so it's useless for this). A good help could me somethjing like (i think very easy to realize): create a personalizable marker for both teammates or enemies, both with highcontrats from the round ambience and also from each other (blue and red are perfectly the same). Then also a bigger size. You could have a doubt: if we made this marker all players are advantaged...the answer is no...for because all players with no disease could see all the enemeis with no problems also without the marker, so a new marker do not change for nothing their gameplay. This only helps player like me to litterally "PLAY" thing that we cannot do for ANY Battlefield. Thank you so much all
Message 1 of 8 (502 Views)

★ Apprentice
no one is interested for because it is a particular thing that is only for a minimum number of players an not for all? Thank you for that
Message 2 of 8 (447 Views)

★ Guide

@Romans996 Have you tried experimenting with your monitor settings to see if that helps you a little? If not, give it a try.

I truly hope you are able to find a solution and are able to play the game. 

Best of luck to you, brother! 

Message 3 of 8 (430 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

From what I remember, friendly players stay marked in-game (or at least you can set them to in the menu perhaps and I know they stay on the mini-map); whereas enemy players do not.  So, as I understand it, your fix is already in the game (or very likely will be).

As for contrast settings, that is a good question.  I cannot recall the visual settings well enough to suggest anything for this… I hope DICE considers

this for you!

Message 4 of 8 (422 Views)

★★ Expert
@Romans996 BF4 and BFV support different "color blind" modes.
(Off, Deuteranopia, Tritanopia, Protanopia), for PC I can say, that even the preset colors can be changed individually regarding your preference. In BFV I remember settings about color and glow, which might help to adjust the contrast on screen.
Message 5 of 8 (383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PS5, and the colorblind modes do not help at all. I would love to be able to change the individual colors. It seems that every option is just different shades of the same color.

Or maybe have the option for different shapes? Or the same shapes, but the enemy markers can be filled in, but the friendly ones hollow. To be honest, all I really need to know is who NOT to shoot.

Tried playing last night but the frustration of not differentiating between teams made it unplayable. I'll try again tonight.

At least when choosing the colorblind mode, could we see a display of how the mini-map will look right beside it?

Message 6 of 8 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

BFV and BF1 implemented actual RGB sliders so you could fine tune the individual colour settings to your specific disability. I sent a message to EA some years ago explaining the colour blindness was not a binary or tertiary disability - it's different for everyone. In the same way that sensitivity shouldn't be On, Low, Mid, High - if you give people sliders they can set the actual value that suits them. BF4 had the pick one from 3 options, 1 and V had the sliders and BF2042 is actually worse than both of them - no RGB sliders and even though it has a pick 1 from 3 option, it doesn't actually show you what changes they will make to the icons (something that BF4 actually did). I can only hope this is a pre-production placeholder for a more comprehensive solution, otherwise it's a huge step back for those of us with any kind of colour blind visual imparity.

Message 7 of 8 (279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree and I've already canceled my pre-order.

Message 8 of 8 (271 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help