Re: Is longbow the worst sniper rifle?

by ThatFawkzi

Original Post

Is longbow the worst sniper rifle?

★★ Novice

I don't understand why anyone would use this gun, especially without the skullpiercer, since it has an extremely slow ROF, and it doesn't do much damage. Just why is this gun even worth using? You could run with a tripletake, or G7 scout and still have a better chance at taking out a target.

Message 1 of 5 (907 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
45 dmg torso and 90 head is pretty good than 18 of g7 and triple take's not enough ammo
Message 2 of 5 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide
It's an effective weapon when used correctly.
Though I favor the triple-take myself as the Longbow is significantly slower and has a higher recoil in my opinion.
Message 3 of 5 (852 Views)

★ Guide
I liked the longbow in Titanfall 2, but in this game I avoid it like the plague and usually go for the scout
Message 4 of 5 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's personally my favourite sniper in the game. Not a fan of the tripple take, the charging mechanic on it is eh, the spread over a distance is also eh. The KRaber is a BEAST but it's rare af, you can't pick up ammo for it and it's a bolt action. Longbow is a happy medium, it's accurate, has less bullet drop than the tripple take and does more damage. It fires faster than the Kraber too. It's a great weapon if you use it efffectively.

I don't class the G7 as a sniper and I refuse to class the G7 as a sniper. It has TERRIBLE damage, absoloutely terrible. It's stunning for mid range, it's my weapon of choice for midrange but no way in hell am I going to class it as a sniper with that terrible distance damage. Long range the only thing it's good for is giving away your position.

Message 5 of 5 (798 Views)