Re: Is it safe to uninstall Origin after connecting Apex to Steam?

by Alphabets

Original Post

Is it safe to uninstall Origin after connecting Apex to Steam?

★★★ Pro

I just want to make sure that I won't lose anything. Also I have one friend on Apex which we frended on Origin, can I still play with him, or I need to add him on steam as well?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AlphabetsNot if you want to play the game. In order to play through Steam, you will need to connect your Steam and Origin accounts and Origin will still be running in the background. You'll be able to play with friends on both Steam and Origin.

Message 2 of 7 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SixthOTD Oh that's sad, Origin is really laggy and buggy, I was hopping this give me the chance to get rid of it Frown
Message 3 of 7 (2,314 Views)

Community Manager

@Alphabets There may be an option of this sort when the game releases on Steam this fall, but we don't have specifics yet.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_David That would be awesome! I’m looking forward to that Standard smile

Thanks for hope!
Message 5 of 7 (2,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So are there any updates on this? I mean no disrespect however the other guy in this thread was right, origins is buggy and laggy and it slows down my computer sometimes when I'm not even playing Apex. Can I uninstall it or is it still needed to run Apex even if it's through Steam?

Message 6 of 7 (1,302 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Rollin_Logic You don't need Origin at all if you download Apex on steam. Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (1,296 Views)