Is it possible to transfer dlc from STEAM to Origin - SIMS4?

by mac9104849

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it possible to transfer dlc from STEAM to Origin - SIMS4?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible to transfer my dlc files from STEAM to Origin.

This is on a PC playing a downloaded version of Sims4 from Origin.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (30,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to transfer dlc from STEAM to Origin - SIMS4?

Community Manager

Hey @mac9104849 you can find all the info related to Steam and purchases here: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/

If I buy a game on Steam, can I buy DLC for that game on Origin?

Yep! You can buy DLC both on Origin and Steam.

If I buy a game on Origin, can I buy DLC for that game on Steam?

For Origin-purchased base games, you’ll need to buy all DLC in Origin

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (30,873 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @mac9104849 you can find all the info related to Steam and purchases here: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/

If I buy a game on Steam, can I buy DLC for that game on Origin?

Yep! You can buy DLC both on Origin and Steam.

If I buy a game on Origin, can I buy DLC for that game on Steam?

For Origin-purchased base games, you’ll need to buy all DLC in Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (30,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The question of the OP is not answered on the page with the link you provided - It only talks about Sims 4 DLC content transferring to Steam, not the other way around. Steam provides more interesting sale prices than Origin, so its good to know it goes the other way around aswell. If I bought let's say Snowy Escape on sale on Steam, will it show up if I play TS4 on Origin? I own the basegame on both platforms.

Message 3 of 4 (26,096 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @xBrit89,

The information above should still be accurate in this case. For games you've purchased in Origin, you'll need to buy the DLC there as well.

In your example, if you purchased Snowy Escape on Steam, you wouldn't be able to play that on TS4 through Origin. If you're wanting to play Snowy Escape on TS4 in Origin, you'd need to purchase that in Origin.

That said however, note that if you've purchased the game on Steam, as you mentioned you have, you'll be able to play DLC from both Steam and Origin.

Back to your example, if you purchase Snowy Escape on Steam, you'd need to play that through your Steam copy of TS4, but that Steam copy of TS4 should also have access to any DLC you've purchased on Origin.

Since this thread is fairly old I'll be locking it here, but feel free to start a new one in the Sims forums if you need more clarification, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (26,083 Views)