Re: Is it me or has there been a HUGE rise in Aimbots recently?

by Midnight9746

Original Post

Is it me or has there been a HUGE rise in Aimbots recently?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I remember seeing aimbots & speedhacks in the earlier days of Apex, but then they either lost interests, or Respawn's Anti-Cheat measures where temporarily effective. But it seems that this past week I can't go 2-3 games without running into one lasering me down with headshots, in a fraction of a second from 50m away, making the whole experience up to that point a total and utter (highly frustrating) waste of both my time and energy.

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed this massive resurgence of aimbotters recently?

Snagged the end of the game that lead to me getting frustrated enough to making this post and asking if anybody else has noticed this trend. You can see it here:

(lets keep those videos out of the forums, no name and shame) - Atic 

Message 1 of 11 (584 Views)

★★ Expert

@OmniDetta 

Not sure what server you're on...But, yesterday on the Singapore server and Taiwan server, there seemed to be a jump. Yup, I remember when that speed hack was out...lol..Hated that thing!

Heart

Message 2 of 11 (572 Views)

★★ Guide
@OmniDetta Yes. I mean respawn unbans streamers who blatantly hack so why would they ban regular cheaters?
Message 3 of 11 (560 Views)

★★ Expert

@TheImmortalEnt 

Seriously?  Jesus. But some Joe Blow gets a false ban and nothing happens...brutal!

Heart

Message 4 of 11 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@OmniDetta So it isn't just my imagination. Since the Iron Crown update the number of hackers have skyrocketed.
Message 5 of 11 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ty for heads up, don't have to log in Thumbs up

Message 6 of 11 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OmniDetta Yes, they're making a comeback. I've seen players who were on one side of the map, and then a few seconds later they're on the other side pushing my team up against a wall with aimbot.
Message 7 of 11 (510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

"(lets keep those videos out of the forums, no name and shame) - Atic"

Why? There was no specific naming and shaming in the post, and it's quite clear that this wasn't the intent of the video.

The video was a gameplay capture hosted on YouTube highlighting a problem that apparently many people have struggled with. It was there to both showcase what is clearly a growing problem, and act as a catalyst for discussion. I really don't know why would you go so far out of your way to protect the identity of somebody who is unquestionably using 3rd party (strictly prohibited) methods to destroy the experience for your legitimate playerbase (and paying customers), especially when the player name in question reveals nothing, is clearly gibberish, and most probably a burner account used to boost other, older, ranked accounts.

Message 8 of 11 (415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A lot of the time that random "joe blow" was experimenting with hacks in 1 other game, and didn't get the memo EAC carries hwid bans over to other games under EAC. A lot of crybabies here and in other game forums protected by EAC are dirty and know it. They use the "* false ban" shtick when in fact unless it is a manual spectated ban, it's actually a  conservative check for hashes of known hack files.

EAC in its current state is actually too conservative and this game is overrun with aimbots/wallhacks as a result. If they implemented machine learning to detect things like a user placing their cursor over enemies 3 walls deep with no audio clues or mouse sensitivites that made no sense, then they'd be doing something real.

Message 9 of 11 (386 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Made a week break, to give Respawn to waveban or something. Logged in today, first match, nuked down with R99 from 200m in less then second. Thanks, i will stay away from the game.

Message 10 of 11 (335 Views)