Re: Is it just me or are there a lot of bugs in Fallen Order?

by Lt-Cmdr-Armand

Original Post

Is it just me or are there a lot of bugs in Fallen Order?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I only just started playing yesterday and I've noticed a number of problems in the control mechanics of fighting and the game itself. I mean this is just unacceptably bad and I'm surprised other people aren't bringing this up. I can't be the only person running into all of this. People have uploaded videos of a number of these and I've seen other threads about some of these individual problems but I'm running into so many that I can't just write a dozen topics. A good chunk of these might just be due to horribly made combat mechanics, but many are just full on bugs. The performance issues are bad enough but these are too many bugs for one person to run into multiple times.

• Blocking just randomly doesn't even work against basic attacks.
  • Force powers randomly won't work on enemies even when locked on. I hit the button, it drains my force, but nothing happens to any of the enemies.
  • Enemies can easily cancel your moves and their attack takes knock-back priority even after you've made physical contact with the enemy.
  • You can't actively block attacks and use a force power. I see the animation but it never works while blocking laser blasts or hits.
  • Enemies can cancel out of a parry and immediately attack without fully going through the animation before you have a chance to attack.
  • Ropes don't always render leaving me to just fall in a pit or not know where to go. After it reloads from a fall they are there.
  • You can't counter or block once an enemy starts a series of attacks. Especially in a knock-back. You continually take damage and can't dodge or block.
  • Multiple enemies can do a massive amount of damage to you all at once if you didn't manage to block the initial attack. There's no invulnerability period and you can't block during a knock-back animation after the first hit. Since there's a bug with blocking I had 4 troopers all hit me with batons at the same time during a block while taking fire and I died instantly.
  • Animations must fully play out before any control mechanism will work in combat. There is no ability to cancel out of a move, that I've noticed, and sometimes the animation takes a while. What's odd is that this is treated differently when just flailing around vs actually hitting targets. If no one is around I can attack and switch to another move but if I'm actually hitting enemies I can't switch between attacks and force powers actively. I have to wait for the animation to complete to go between attack, force, and block.
  • When you meditate sometimes enemies double spawn if they left their original spawn position and are still alive.
  • Meditating without resting will sometimes cause enemies to respawn anyway.
  • Some areas don't spawn required items to do something, activate something, or move on in the game. They will spawn if you leave and come back or exit to title and come back.
  • Doors don't always open when they're supposed to leaving you stranded and unable to continue until you exit the game and load again.
  • Interaction icons don't always show up for items you're supposed to interact with until you leave and come back.
  • Forced tutorial sections sometimes halt the game and won't let you continue. Especially the map one. I had to restart the game multiple times to get it to let me exit the map and continue. It had a ridiculously long wait time but the first few times it just wouldn't end.
  • Random teleporting happens. I'll do something and suddenly be somewhere else or in the middle of the air falling to my death. Nothing to do with framerate, just me teleporting because I did a block or attack.
  • Sometimes enemies ragdoll like there is no gravity.
  • Sometimes knockback causes me to go flying extremely far, usually into a pit.
  • Enemies can knock you off ledges by just walking into you like friction doesn't exist.
  • I've clipped through the ground numerous times.
  • Some areas look flat but when you walk on them you just fall off into a ravine.
  • The rocket trooper sounds don't always work so I'll just see an explosion and not know what it was or where it came from.
  • Lighting doesn't render properly in a lot of scenes so everything looks like it's a room with no lights. If you leave and come back it renders fine. This is most noticeable on the ship. The lighting can be normal or really bad, it's random. In a room of the ship I was lit normally but other characters were lit like there were no lights on. This happens with the lightsaber too where in sometimes in a room it will barely work and other times it works really well. Same room, different lighting. No idea why.
  • Sometimes textures don't render properly and I'll see really bad looking character models for an entire cut scene.
  • All enemies are respawned after I went through a door, walked just a little bit, then came back.

Message 1 of 8 (5,431 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Neat discovered a bunch more.

• Storm troopers can't be knocked off edges with attacks but character can easily be pushed off.
  • Full animations have to play out before your character can do anything else.
  • Can't parry a second attacker after another enemy attacks.
  • Storm trooper was just floating in the air shooting at me.
  • Force pushed storm trooper off cliff, he didn't fall down and got up and just floated there firing at me
  • Again, and this happens so much, force powers don't work on enemies at random
  • Yet another door wouldn't open to get back to my ship after completing everything
  • Can't use a force power while taking damage
  • Can't block an enemy if they are doing an attack series
  • Can't do combos I have powers for at random and can't switch up between attacks, force powers, and blocks. Everything requires a full completion of an animation before doing something else.
  • Force powers require full animation to play out before they work. Any attack from an enemy immediately cancels it and the animations are incredibly slow.
Message 2 of 8 (5,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought i was going crazy.. All I'm seeing is glowing reviews.. but the blocking bugs in the game make it feel atrocious to play. How did this get past testing? It's like I'm blocking, early, late, on time... nothing matters. It works PERFECTLY for blaster shots, but the melee blocking /parrying is horrendous.  

Message 3 of 8 (5,359 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep absolutely perfect with blasters but a random failure on anything else. I just keep finding more bugs the further into the game I get. I mean I always expect EA games to launch with a lot of issues, but this is so much. Also it's a major release SW game so I would think they'd pay more attention to at least basic mechanics. The force moves not working randomly are also consistent with all of the force powers. As I'm getting more I find that I lose force stamina but my force move didn't actually work. They really have to fix the force powers.

Another thing I noticed that really gets to me is using a stim to replenish life can be canceled by almost everything and it uses up a stim if you're far enough in the animation. So you just waste stims trying to heal when you repeatedly have failing blocks and you're taking damage over and over without any defense until you have to respawn. I also found if you interact with items enemies can attack you, you take damage, and you're just stuck finishing the animation until you either die or go through the whole thing. You can't dodge or block or cancel out of it, so don't interact with anything unless you're very sure there are no enemies around a corner.

I mean, how does this all get past play testing? I have tried changing my strategies but no matter what it's just not good gameplay. Dodging doesn't even work because enemies will auto target you no matter where you are so if you dodge behind them they spin in a flash and hit you so you really rely on blocking which doesn't work half the time. I don't remember the last time I was this blown away by bad control schemes and basic mechanics not working.

Either this game is broken or this is the worst Jedi that has ever existed.

Message 4 of 8 (5,339 Views)

★ Guide
@prot8to im having some of those bugs too
Message 5 of 8 (5,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game is just a Steamy pile of garbage. It might seem fresh, but it’s just leftover remnants of trash thrown together in a warmed up pile of poop. 

Message 6 of 8 (5,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@prot8to I’ve come across a few as well,
Can’t climb and have to keep disconnecting my controller to be able to climb

Also keep getting stuck when using the map through the droid.
Message 7 of 8 (5,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@prot8to Im not sure if anyone else is having the problem but, i have been having a issue with sinking into the ground in to many places to count and recently have completely fallen through the map.
Message 8 of 8 (5,163 Views)