Is it bannable to use nVidia inspector to increase FPS?

by SoggyBullets

Original Post

Is it bannable to use nVidia inspector to increase FPS?

★★ Novice

Hello,

Playing the game on a side PC (potato) leaves me with a blurry game like that of wearing coke bottle glasses. I'm a big fan of frames over appearance, and certain YouTube videos describe ways to update the textures, anti-aliasing, etc. via a tool called "nvidia inspector" to increase FPS. The result won't win any aesthetics awards but it's smooth.

Dropping resolution, optimizing Windows, using performance mode, etc. just doesn't do it.

Will players get banned making these config file and graphic card adjustments? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19 (22,817 Views)

Re: Is it bannable to use nVidia inspector to increase FPS?

★★ Novice
wondering about this aswell
Message 2 of 19 (22,783 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's a screenshot for reference.

Message 3 of 19 (22,738 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Could you post an ingame picture? It looks like a lot of details such as grass, trees and such might hardly appear and increase visibility.

Which would be an unfair advantage towards other players.
Message 4 of 19 (22,725 Views)

★★★ Guide
I agree I highly doubt this will be allowed as visually you will have the upper hand. though I'm hands down for it myself.
Message 5 of 19 (22,708 Views)

★★ Novice

If you YouTube "ULTRA LOW FPS BOOST FOR LOW END PCs" there's a video with the full breakdown. Attached another screenshot.

I might agree that there is an advantage, but those who have better PC/audio hardware technically have a much higher advantage over someone with 25-35fps. Skipped frames is a bit of detriment to accuracy Large smile

Other companies reintroduce objects like bushes/grass at the absolute minimum so it could be patched in the future.

Players manipulate power performance, drop control panel settings down to severely low settings, etc. but I don't know if there's an official perspective on this. It's not worth a ban, so I thought it's worth asking publicly.

Message 6 of 19 (22,697 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, we can do this but they can't support Phenom II......

Message 7 of 19 (22,679 Views)

★★ Novice

no you can not be banned, for example, I can only play the game fluently if I use invidia inpsector and change my vidioconfig settings, because my pc is a potato Standard smile and I simply asked an ea member and he says it is OK . here is the proof! I link the conversation!
I hope I could help

Message 8 of 19 (21,271 Views)

★★★ Guide

Streamers have been banned for using this in Battlefield 5. EA are very inconsistent with their rules.

Message 9 of 19 (21,196 Views)

★ Pro

That's basically Potatoeing it, I think its BS to do that

Message 10 of 19 (21,163 Views)