Is it bannable to use nVidia inspector to increase FPS?

by SoggyBullets

Original Post

Re: Is it bannable to use nVidia inspector to increase FPS?

★★ Guide
I wish EA or respawn would reply to this. I think it's horrible to potato your pc so u can gain an advantage through poor graphics.
Message 11 of 19 (4,488 Views)

★★★ Guide

I should be bannable, the minimum setting are there for a reason, this program needs to be added to the easy anti cheat ban list.

Message 12 of 19 (4,466 Views)

★ Guide

As this is a third party that can allow players to have an advantage over non-users of that third party, it should be a bannable offense by definition. Can we get an official answer from a EA representative on that subject? 

If it's not an offense, I might try to tweak things out and see if I can get a 100% stable 144fps out from my 2070rtx :D

On a competitive point of view, using every "legal" advantage possible is just logical.

Message 13 of 19 (4,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TheImmortalEnt  You actually don't Potato a PC... Wink

A Potato PC is a crap PC...

@SoggyBullets what are your PC specs?

Message 14 of 19 (4,452 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play 2k 32" 144hz monitor 

amd 1800x over clocked to 4ghz on all cores 16 gb 4366mhz memory running at 3200 cl14

vega 56 strix running 1680mhz and memory running at 950mhz new -8 pads and liquid metal mod drops temps to 60c under load

my fps never really drops for 144fps

Message 15 of 19 (4,431 Views)

★ Guide

Lowering the graphics settings has been a strategy for online FPS for a while, it was the same in BF3.

With all the 'art direction' crap they put in it actually punishes players with machines that can run it on high/ultra as there is so much junk added in it is difficult to see what is actually going on.

BF3 had simulated marks on your goggles that actually made you think there were stains on your screen and there was also the lighting where the sun would cause unwanted visual effects.

People were using injectors to remove some effects including the extreme blue colour tinting palette.

It normally also involves reducing the amount of visible vegetation so the lower setting player has an advantage.

From your screen shot it looks like you would likely have a big advantage over a player with unmodified settings as while it would look fugly it would be much cleaner and discernable than the normal settings.

It basically takes out all the visual clutter.

Message 16 of 19 (4,389 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I would say that if you're in doubt don't do it.

EA does give players all the information they need to play by the rules: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/apex-legends/apex-legends/play-by-the-rules-in-apex-legends/

"We want the Apex Legends play experience to be fair and fun for everyone. Cheating is against our rules. Cheating can include, but isn’t limited to, using third-party software, like aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats to gain an unfair advantage over other players."

Message 17 of 19 (4,372 Views)

★★ Novice

Following thread closely 

Message 18 of 19 (4,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is completely ok, as a matter of fact I've tried it on an alt and it technically gives you a DISADVANTAGE. The textures are extreme colourful solid squares, and muzzle flash, blood, etc. block three times the sight you would normally have, also, vegetation shows up as green squares to, removing the ability to see slightly through bushes. I would honestly just recommend buying better parts :/

Message 19 of 19 (3,562 Views)