Re: Is grinding for the high ranks like diamond, master, and pred a waste of tim

by NolanGraysonnn

Original Post

Is grinding for the high ranks like diamond, master, and pred a waste of time?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

title

Message 1 of 14 (593 Views)

Re: Is grinding for the high ranks like diamond, master, and pred a waste of tim

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 Didn't read thread but to answer your title. Yes.
Message 2 of 14 (588 Views)

Champion
@soccerking122 To me yeah. If it isnt fun dont do it.
Message 3 of 14 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Once I got the badge I wanted, I can just keep displaying in my legend.

Most people is not even aware which season that rank badge is, so they just acknowledge u been there before and more or less same right now,

so grinding rank for every season to get same badge again is waste of time

The only thing is when I play rank, since stupidity/reckelssness cost me RP,  I analyzed why I died and try to do better next time.

While in pubs, I just move on to next game.

Basically rank keep you in check, stay discipline and stay "sharp".

Message 4 of 14 (572 Views)

★★ Pro
I only play ranked because in pubs people are constantly abandoning, that's about it xd
Message 5 of 14 (511 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 6 of 14 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 That's up to you
Message 7 of 14 (464 Views)

★ Expert
@soccerking122 yes it is
Unless you have people to play with that wants to grind for pred you're better off just playing pubs. It's not worth it.
Message 8 of 14 (456 Views)

★★★ Pro

I haven't bothered with ranked for many seasons.  Don't care for it (but I also don't have a regular squad).  If I'm going to play with randoms might as well do it in pubs.

I'm also pretty sure 99% of people don't care what fancy badge you have.  I certainly don't pay attention to them.

- DR

Message 9 of 14 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 grinded to diamond last season just to get a dive trail for the first time. Let me tell you that it isn't worth it. Now I play rank if I'm tired of Olympus. In the end it's up to you if you have the time and the drive to do it then why not. As an average player (KDR of 1.4), it was definitely hard for me to land on diamond solo queueing most of the time. Apex will feel the best when you play it casually and with friends.
Message 10 of 14 (400 Views)