Re: Is biotic Ryder supposed to have different cutscenes/dialogue? (minor spoile

by VladVonCastein

Original Post

Re: Is biotic Ryder supposed to have different cutscenes/dialogue? (minor spoile

★★★★ Pro

VladVonCastein wrote:

Yup that's right I forgot  about the asari ark, a little strange that Ryder didnt help with the shields with sarissa & cora

Our Ryder just needs cojones.

Message 11 of 25 (1,493 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:
Yup that's right I forgot  about the asari ark, a little strange that Ryder didnt help with the shields with sarissa & cora

That actually annoyed me that my biotic with maxed out barriers didn't move up to help shield against the lightning strike during the intro and during the Asari Ark with Sarissa and Cora.

Message 12 of 25 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL there cora was going on and on about how she's a freak cause she's a Biotic with her little charge and nova and there I outclassed her in terms of biotics with almost every biotic maxed out.  Anyway those scenes were supposed to make her look cool, cant steal her thunder lolol.

Message 13 of 25 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

LOL there cora was going on and on about how she's a freak cause she's a Biotic with her little charge and nova and there I outclassed her in terms of biotics with almost every biotic maxed out.  Anyway those scenes were supposed to make her look cool, cant steal her thunder lolol.

I did that with Game+ and did have my biotics maxed out for those scenes.

Message 14 of 25 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Pro

Anyway had enough of MEA after 4 playthroughs, love the combat but overall preferred ME2 and ME3...   Back to ME3 now checking out some better looking Asari, man Councilor Tevos is hot compared to that little raccoon looking asari on the tempest lol...

Message 15 of 25 (1,470 Views)

★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

But you're not a Huntress...   :eahigh_file:

Message 16 of 25 (1,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Pixeldance wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

But you're not a Huntress...   :eahigh_file:

LOL...  They always made Asari commandos sound like a big deal and I thought so too after Liara's little speech about them at Illum...  Until Shep mowed down a whole bunch of eclipse huntress gals in ME2...  Totally forgot about them until Cora went on and on about them...  Think Ryder should be impressed though, probably saw them come and go whilst he guarded the mass relay LOLOL...  Breath...purpose... Action....  BREATHE....  Was kinda hoping old man Drack would accidentally pass gas when she said that...

Message 17 of 25 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

As an anxiety sufferer, the breathing and focusing thing is totally a legit way to calm ones nerves when they are out of control. I could totally relate to it, don't see what everyones issue is with Cora trying to calm a young, nervous biotic at all.

Message 18 of 25 (1,425 Views)

★ Pro

I had that feeling, like why can they do that and I can't? I suppose it's part of their training that allows them to use Biotics differently but it's still a bit disappointing as other people are playing the hero instead of you.

What I never got in this whole thing is that in the first mission when Cora uses the shielding the first time she is apologetic about it explaining that she is indeed a biotic and all. I was thinking, well yeah, but I am also biotic...why doesn't anybody flinch at that and why are you explaining to a biotic about being biotic as if I'm not one.

Somehow Cora's continued apologetic, explanatory remarks about her being biotic feel rather out of place. I could see her being stuck in that pattern but at some point you'd think she gets that Ryder is a biotic also or Ryder would've said something about it.

The trouble is of course that they can't really make too many changes based on class because the class is dynamic and in essence you are a biotic even when you don't get those powers. It's sort of a side effect of not having a clear class system. So I don't think that cutscenes/dialogue can be different for someone who specializes in biotics but I do think that the dialogue with Cora should've been written in a way that Cora is aware of you being a biotic as well. It's kinda hard not to know, especially after the first combat together when you do use biotics.

Message 19 of 25 (1,424 Views)

★★ Guide

Kaiden in ME3 will also make a hilarious comment if you bring him to the ardak y... have not a clue how to spell it, when Samara floats down. Think she does this when your finding her daughter. Kaiden was romanced if that makes a difference. 

Message 20 of 25 (1,413 Views)