Is anyone else having random lag spikes?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Is anyone else having random lag spikes?

[ Edited ]

Game will be running fine for a few rounds then suddenly my Latency goes from 50 or less up to 75+ with it spiking randomly throughout the round.

And what in the world is going on with SBMM? my KD is all way down to .70 and I'm in lobbies with Diamond trails and Predators.. Solo queuing..  Either people exploiting the queue system again or SBMM is broken. I'm leaning towards exploiting the queue because most of the badges I'm seeing are sub 100.  Then again I guess they could be having the same struggles I am right now.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 6 (287 Views)

Re: Is anyone else having random lag spikes?

★★ Apprentice

Most of the time i play onx xbox but lattely the Latency is killing me, its about 80+ all the time, and most of the times it even goes beyond that.

They should fix the servers already, and it is not my connection or the consoles fault, my friend on series X also has the same lagg all the time.

FIX the servers already, my friend already deleted the game, i think ill do the same cose it is becoming more and more Si** each update.

Not saying its a bad season, get the technical stuff fixed already, i am sick of the bad sound, lattency and the matchmaking that benefits predators and money bags.

Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)

@Fireskelet How old is your xbox? Mine has quite a few hours on it. SO I'm starting to wonder if maybe it just gets hot?! Perhaps it's not our connection or the server but the actual xbox?

Message 3 of 6 (249 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DarthValtrex Like i said its not xbox fault, my friend plays on series X and still he has the same issues, and yes i have the OG xbox one that came out long ago, but it doesnt change the fact that my teammate with whom i play all the time, before Series X he played on One X and the same problems persist on all the consoles.

And my xbox runs everything fine.

Cmon even battlefield 5 with more players Destruction and graphics+ sound that is 10x better than apex runs much much better.

How can this bad of a looking game run so bad? It just doesnt make sense, few seasons before it was much better, is it cose of player base incrasing? Or they are just not updating their networking.
Message 4 of 6 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthValtrexFor me it isnt the ping I'm having an issue with. The issue is packet loss. It seems to pop up for me every other day now, in quite a few matches. This is when I see the speed up issue where my guy becomes the flash for a second, then goes normal and repeats most of the match.

I really wish there was a way I could lock to a server. I definatley rarely end up on the closest one due to speed of matchmaking.

Message 5 of 6 (217 Views)

@hayhor Yeah it's similar for me. I'll a few good rounds, then one really laggy round.. Then a few good ones, it's really odd. Then other times of the day it's mostly laggy rounds and 1 good one. 

@Fireskelet You're probably right, just asking to see if that might be the issue for us. But I don't think it is, Hayhor is on PS4.

Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)