Is a macro to spam jump ok?

by rospon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is a macro to spam jump ok?

★★ Novice

For over 15 years I had my primary weapon on WHEEL UP and secondary weapon on WHEEL DOWN, but on Apex Legends if I want to bunny hop I need to bind WHEEL DOWN on jump...and I would really like to not do so. If i set a macro (with the Roccat software) on a mouse button which goes like jump-jump-jump etc until it's pressed would I be bannable? Do we have an official statement on this or if they will remove bunny hopping?

Message 1 of 50 (7,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is a macro to spam jump ok?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, you can't use 3rd party software. It says it right in the TOS agreement:

"6. Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool."

View in thread

Message 2 of 50 (7,568 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, you can't use 3rd party software. It says it right in the TOS agreement:

"6. Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool."
Message 2 of 50 (7,569 Views)

★ Guide

@prankstar2 

Roccat is a gaming accessories company. So, they make gaming mice. Most gaming mice come with macro software. So, chances are, it's not against the rules. 

Shroud uses a macro for full auto Hemlock on single fire. 

So... yeah... 

Message 3 of 50 (7,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Psyrecx wrote:

@prankstar2 

Roccat is a gaming accessories company. So, they make gaming mice. Most gaming mice come with macro software. So, chances are, it's not against the rules. 

Shroud uses a macro for full auto Hemlock on single fire. 

So... yeah... 

Do you have proof shroud uses a macro for this? I'm not denying it, just haven't heard him say it. I really want to know.

Message 4 of 50 (7,485 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Haha, you are not denying that someone says Shroud uses macro for shooting hemlock full auto?

Shroud probably can shoot full auto even with his toes.

Message 5 of 50 (7,475 Views)

★ Guide

If he does he should be banned...even though he's my favorite gamer anyone who runs scripts or macros is cheating and should be dealt with accordingly. By using macros you are automating a process that was intended to be manual

Message 6 of 50 (7,466 Views)

★ Guide

@Anaxim_0 wrote:

Haha, you are not denying that someone says Shroud uses macro for shooting hemlock full auto?

Shroud probably can shoot full auto even with his toes.

Except that in his videos, you can see his hand movements, soooo... nope, he's using a macro.

Message 7 of 50 (7,453 Views)

★ Novice

dizzy was also accused...

Message 8 of 50 (7,448 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The argument ive seen vs the macro to fire semi auto weapons is that the macro cannot fire the weapon faster then it was programmed to do 'Normaly' meaning it has a cyclic rate that wont change with a macro or scroll wheel or fast spam clicking, all the macro does is remove inconsistencies in fire rate during battle

now, I think those inconsistencies are a self balancing mechanism in the game (better you are, the better your aim and fire rate are.) and i think Macroing any of that is a form of cheating, However its a weak argument since it does not make them better at aiming, and ii wont be reporting anyone for macroing fire rates, its just not at the top of my report priority list 

Message 9 of 50 (7,447 Views)

★ Guide
My take has always been rebinding keys is fine but as soon as you automate multiple user inputs with a single button press it is cheating.

Just git gud, only noobs macro.
Message 10 of 50 (7,435 Views)