Re: Is a PS5 version ever coming and....

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

★ Expert
@johnmiceter I agree. The copy phase has always been painful to wait on. Battlefront 2 is the absolute worst.

I can't wait for the PS5 version of Apex for performance reasons. The higher frame rate alone will be worth it plus graphics will be much better.

I've been playing the Avengers PS5 upgrade and it's amazing...like a whole different game. Graphics are a major step up. Loading times are basically non-existent. 60fps...its great.

PS5 games will also be up to 40% smaller in disk space usage if they take advantage of the PS5 compression tech. For instance, Control Ultimate Edition is around 40 GB on PS4. It's around 25GB for the PS5 version. I saw similar reduction in size for Miles Morales and Sackboy. Avengers is the only exception to this so far.
Message 11 of 15 (159 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ArchAngeL-PCX PS5 still does it but faster, as the article points out. Might also be the case due to what you said about size being a factor.
Message 12 of 15 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ArchAngeL-PCXI cant wait until COD ever implements the use of the ps5 hard drive lol, as their games are bloody huge.

Message 13 of 15 (133 Views)

★ Expert
@johnmiceter That's why I don't have COD installed. Absurd how big they are. Battlefront 2 is huge as well, but it's not getting any bigger lol
Message 14 of 15 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Koochi-QCould be the size. The fact I haven't noticed it means it's at the least much faster.

The other thing I noticed is the PS5 doesn't seem to reserve extra space needed for a download, then copy. On PS4, I always had to keep 80-100 GB available for downloads or it wouldn't do it. I assumed that was room needed for the copy process.

Message 15 of 15 (124 Views)