Is Wingman irrelevant now?

by BlinkxzAi

Original Post

Re: Is Wingman irrelevant now?

★★ Pro
@BlinkxzAi I dreamed today about getting no-reg on a entire Wingman clip. I am not kidding lol, I really had a dream
Message 11 of 18 (391 Views)

@HogynDrwg I feel like the hip fire might be way worse than any of the other guns or maybe I just really suck with it idk
Message 12 of 18 (380 Views)

★★ Pro
@BlinkxzAi Yup, Wingman is irrelevant cuz I have a bad aim :D

30-30 for days
Message 13 of 18 (375 Views)

@BlinkxzAi I still use it but it's hard to pass up a 30-30. I can put a 3x on it and get better range out of it.

The only benefit the wingman has is a faster fire rate, quicker ADS and it's slightly faster to draw/switch to. If I've done 180 damage to someone and need to one tap them to kill them.. I can pull that wingman out in an instant.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 18 (363 Views)

★★★ Expert

Honestly, this thread, whatever.  It's been talked about but the thread that gets the most Wingman posts is the thread that has the most trolling.

Facebook.  That's what this game is.

Message 15 of 18 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I don't mind the 30-30, it does just feel like a poor man's longbow to me though lol. 

If we're talking differences between the weapons though.

30-30 Pro's;

-the 30-30 is much better at mid to far range, due to the fact you can use a 2-4x.

-the bullet arc adds very little difficulty to it if you're familiar with accommodating for bullet arcs.

-Its also a powerful gun.

-Next to no recoil, @KelRiever This is the way in which it is "noob friendly", that doesn't make a player low skill for using it lol. 

30-30 con.

-Comparably slow fire rate to other weapons that fit its role.

- reload time is balls (although it can be interrupted without reseting the reload so this is both a pro and con I guess)

-Extremely loud when fired.

I won't go into the wingman as we're all familiar with its strengths and weaknesses, but both guns encroach on a similar role, the only difference is the wingman is obviously better at close-mid range combat due to its fire rate.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 18 (325 Views)

★★★ Expert

The 30-30 has the advantage of chamber load, like the Mastiff.  I mean I consider it an advantage.  @MandatoryIDtag what you said is kind of why the wingman is dead for me because taking what you say to be true, I personally would rather have any other short range weapon than a wingman. 

Message 17 of 18 (304 Views)

Champion

@KelRiever  Fair enough dude, its all personal preference at the end of the day.

The reason I lean more towards the wingman as opposed to the 30-30 is simply the fact that I know I can use it comfortably at range and should I need a switch at close range when I'm using an smg I can switch to the wingman and know I've got reliable hip fire accuracy/damage output.

The only weapons I would call truly redundant on this game are the alternator/sentinel. Yet I'm sure there are others who would disagree.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 18 (302 Views)