Re: Is This the Last Season of World's Edge?

by KelRiever

Original Post

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Make the maps optional or make one an always on rotation of ltms.
Message 21 of 28 (347 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  I like the LTM idea. Selectable maps is highly unlikely though....queue time concerns and all that jazz.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 28 (341 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34   Well it may be unpopular but honestly, they can keep KC forever.

And forever I’ll be dropping alone and seeing if my teammates follow me.  If they don’t, they can die while I make sure I get top 5.  So forever, there will be a 2 and 1 person team on that atrocious zit of a map.

Its fine, I’ve stopped worrying about team mates on KC, Respawn seems to agree with me that it’s okay to make sure 2 people auto lose nearly every game I play.

Message 23 of 28 (322 Views)

★ Expert

I don't understand why map rotation is all the sudden some kind of major undertaking in Apex Legends.

PUBG rotates more than 3 maps very successfully.  As I recall, it's just like any other shooter.  You drop into whatever map queue's up randomly.  They don't block off an hour or so, or a half/full season for a single map.

Message 24 of 28 (304 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX Well pubg is crap. Also there is a huge divide in who likes what map. I have no issue with the rotation myself but think they should at least test selection to see what happens.
Message 25 of 28 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@hayhorGameplay basically is sure, but that has nothing to do with map rotation lol

I should revise that.  PUBG just has a more old school feel.  It's not a game you play for the slick mechanics and something that pushes the envelope.  It's basic and it works.  But again, not a thing about the gameplay has to do with map rotation.

Message 26 of 28 (286 Views)

★★ Expert

@ArchAngeL-PCX it's never been a huge undertaking, people have wanted and asked a map selector since World's Edge came out in Season 3. But it was never implemented because the developers were worried about slow queue times. IF they were really worried about slow queue times, they continue to develop the game, solving critical issues that their community has pointed out constantly, which have been around since the game was released.

At this point, you can chalk up the lack of QoL features or TLC either to slow development, or the developers just not wanting / going to put them in. Solos was quoted to not be a beneficial implement because it hurt new player retention, but now look at the state of the game. Who wants to stick around for longer than 30 minutes to an hour at a time, when audio doesn't work, when your shots frequently go through targets or hit but don't deal damage, when the servers lag out in ranked and you get disconnected then hit with a 10 minute penalty, or how SBMM makes any player above average play with Predators / Diamond / Master players? 

The worst part is that when anyone criticizes crap not working, you'll always see someone comment, "Well if you're not having fun, why don't you go play something else?" This not only misses the point entirely, but does nothing to actually help anyone or anything. I have gone to play other things, but I want to play Apex, and I want to consistently enjoy it like I did during pre-season and season 1. I want this game to get the TLC and QoL changes that it deserves, but seeing the devs manage this game so poorly is incredibly disheartening. 

Message 27 of 28 (282 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KelRiever Ufff! That sounds a bit toxic. I hope I never get you in ranked 😅
Message 28 of 28 (242 Views)