Re: Is Respawn still working on a performance fix?

by DanteYoda

Original Post

Is Respawn still working on a performance fix?

★ Novice

Hello,

As the title says, is there any chance a fix for the micro stuttering caused by loading assets will ever come? For me personally, it stutters even in fight sometimes.

I play on a 2080 RTX with I7 8700k on a 144hz monitor. With over 100 FPS, the stutter is of course even more annoying than if i cap them to 60. But if you ever played with 144 FPS, it's really hard to go back, haha. Standard smile

Greetings 

Message 1 of 4 (729 Views)

★★★ Guide

Squeaky wheel gets the grease - it's been mentioned a LOT, but they have given us no sign that they are working on improving performance with this particular bug. I did find that when you start JFO, it does help if you open task manager, click the details tab, right click the process for fallen order, and set priority to "Above Normal." This tells your system to share it's resources more with your game than with the background processes.

Message 2 of 4 (709 Views)

★ Guide

^It can also help on Nvidia based GPUs to use NCP to set Low Latency Mode to Ultra and set Power management to Prefer Maximum performance.

I'm sure a lot of the problem in this game is Respawn being new to using Unreal Engine 4, but I have a feeling EA didn't give them proper time to polish it. 

I've been playing NFS Heat too, another EA game, and strangely enough when I bought the Porsche Cabriolet after only using and upgrading the starter BMW M3, suddenly the stutter in that game went away. It was stuttering easily as much if not more than JFO, especially crossing the finish line in races.

So yeah, EA games lacking polish is nothing new, and quite often it's strange things that could be fixed if not for the penny pinching and deadline obsessions. Sadly, with a lot of publishers the stockholders are the squeaky wheels that get all the grease.

Message 3 of 4 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Its literally unplayable for me, i got past the first areas and gave up playing, its a great game but the continual stutter makes it unplayable..

Core i5 2500 3.3ghz

16gb ddr 3 ram

GTX 1060 6gb

Samsung Evo 250gb SSD..

Win 7 home premium.

I've tried all the fixes people said and nothing mitigates the continual stutter.. Even nvidia settings.. helped but its still there giving me nasty motion sickness. I will not buy another game from these people as they do not fix their mistakes.

Message 4 of 4 (614 Views)