Is Repairville happening?

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Is Repairville happening?

★★★ Pro

So we know that the September update was the "final" patch for Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, however it does seem it really is not.

During this time, is it possible that the developers are secretly working on Repairville?

Message 1 of 10 (587 Views)

Re: Is Repairville happening?

★★★★ Expert
@CompleatBeet No, the game was cancelled. They communicated this in the September blog post. They fixed a lot of bugs and made added Wildflower and TV Head as unlockable characters. They are working on a new Skate game. I believe BfN was internally cancelled 4 months ago, as I explained in my thread on the topic. Many devs have moved on to work at other studios.
Message 2 of 10 (571 Views)

@CompleatBeet
Sadly, as far as I know, the developer team of BfN is now working on another product.
So they would not be working on Repairville.
https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/motive/vancouver
Message 3 of 10 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I would love for that to be true. But it looks like most are on Apex Legends or the new Skate game. I'd love to be wrong about that though.

Message 4 of 10 (552 Views)

Champion

I would like to see Repairville happen because lots of the community wanted it and was on board with it, but it seems really unlikely for it to happen now. Bother! Disappointed

Message 5 of 10 (518 Views)

★★★ Pro

@TheSprinter85 Agreed! Repairville would be a much better final update than just regular old balance changes.

Message 6 of 10 (502 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CharlesHlcBendel Wait so PopCap rebranded to Motive?

Message 7 of 10 (501 Views)

@CompleatBeet I don't know the developing working style in America well, but according to my understanding, the developers of BfN have job-changed.
Message 8 of 10 (492 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@CompleatBeet & @TheSprinter85 

Didn't Repairville happen in a way? We didn't get new content for a few months and (nearly) all major bugs were fixed. Balancing was improved a lot.

I think the devs were just bad at marketing themselves. If they had added a repairville logo to the title screen while fixing the bugs the comment would have been like "best devs ever Heart".

They fixed everything we complained about, yet people don't acknowledge this much.

@CompleatBeet 

I think PopCap Vancouver = Motive Vancouver?

Or they are a team at Motive Vancouver?

Anyway, as @CharlesHlcBendel said, the devs moved on (seemingly months ago).

Shaun Laker and others moved to Respawn. Some are working at other EA projects, some for other companies. The remaining people are working on Skate.

I detailed my observations here:

Bin cancelled 4 MONTHS ago? Team now working on Skate. 

Message 9 of 10 (462 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Theoretically true. I was very satisfied with their final update and I think the developers do deserve a congratulations for that. I can give the developers a congratulations for a successful Repairville, or at the least, the closest we would get to an actual one.
Message 10 of 10 (443 Views)